• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

State of 4.2 servers Rate Topic: -----

Just wondering

#1 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

... what do 4.2 players think of the servers available to us (side note - no disrespect to the individuals / groups who fund and run their servers).

I like 4.2 but how can you really play on 32 player servers. Someone said to me in a previous post that everybody likes custom maps? (and I should shut up) - really - no. (I like custommaps - yes - but not every 2 mins).

I would like to see the standard maps that FS provided played more - I would like to ask/see if FS could think about / enforce an 'auth' only players server (option).

So FS - I like 4.2 and the work you put into it. But there is something wrong with the playing field that we are playing on.

So what would it take for FS to set up a / or server(s) that only UrtT auth players can game on and leave the bots on the other side of the fence?

Good work FS - keep it up.

BF

(Any feedback welcomed).

This post has been edited by BorderFox: 11 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

BorderFox

#2 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

Honestly, if there were a normal 5v5 TS, a 5v5 CTF and a 5v5 BOMB server, things would be much more interesting. I've gotten sick of the 12v12 CTF games.

12v12 has no sort of teamwork involved, where with 5v5, you'd need a few people assigned to defense, offense, sniper, assault. It would bring another level to the gameplay.

In a lot of servers it's "Bring LR300 and kill everything then run at the flag". That gets pretty boring after a while.

There should really be some sort of FS operated servers that just ran plain and simple 5v5 games. If possible, add a skill ranking so that there is a server for novice, intermediate, and expert so that everyone can play at their own skill level.

Idk though, that seems like a pretty big request. Maybe for HD?!

#3 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Ironically 90% of "standard" maps are actually 100% custom maps.

What would it take to set up servers ...hmm...money?
Nobody is stopping you from making your own server wit hauth enabled and any map you want in the mapcycle.

This post has been edited by rayne2: 12 June 2014 - 04:31 AM

#4 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

View Postrayne2, on 12 June 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

Ironically 90% of "standard" maps are actually 100% custom maps.

This does not make much sence, the whole game is custom and community built.

For the ones wanting to play proper CTF 5v5 games, one solution is UrT Pickup on IRC: #urtpickup.ctf or #urtpickup.ts (depending on mode you want to play).

#5 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

There is way too much servers, with way too much bots yes. BTW if you host a server with more than 6 bots which is already too much just stop hosting it please, stop loosing your money & stop making people loosing their time as well. I prefer to play with 32 people than 6 bots. 2 max. This (underestimated) problem started on 4.1. Also if there's already 10 people on your server make it so that bots are kicked...

There's about 6 active public servers now so there's nothing much to tell about 4.2 servers. 5v5 servers are not really possible with that small amount of people. After a game you can have the half of it quitting, and nobody to join for the next hour. Or bots. i Would probably ban every people coming here and asking for bot support if i could.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Well, one could simply remove bot support in the next update Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
They are very bugged and they work only on certain maps (and this is one of the reasons why always the same maps are being played).

#7 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostFenix, on 12 June 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Well, one could simply remove bot support in the next update <excessive roll-eyes smileys> They are very bugged and they work only on certain maps (and this is one of the reasons why always the same maps are being played).

Agreed. Servers with bots on them are not worth playing on, and restrict themselves to about 3 maps. I'm 100% in favour of removing the bot commands from general use.

They are still useful for mapping and testing, I guess the logical thing would be to keep them for sv_pure 0.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942