• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions & Expectations

#1 User is offline   Freshh Icon

• Account: freshh
  • Main tag: Forge|

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Hello people of Urban Terror!
Here I'm gonna present the things I expect in Urban Terror HD and some suggestions.

I expect:

-Fun Gameplay with Skill required
->Like now, but it doesn't have to be completely the same. I would be OK with slight changes as long as it remains original.

-Fitting Animations
->Player Animations, Weapon animations, etc.

-Good Graphics
->I know, I know, Graphics aren't everything, but I think as Urban Terror HD is a new era of this game, the graphics should be on 2014 niveau.
Although I'm very confident when I watch the videos of FrankieV.

-Better Hits

I suggest:

-Weapon/Player skins
->Just like CS:GO does it. Or similar. It is a nice gimmick, best would be with the steam workshop and community-made skins.

Actually that list is a bit short, but you can also post what you think and or other ideas :)

Freshh

This post has been edited by Freshh: 05 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

#2 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

The ability to add customized skins would be awesome. :)

#3 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

View PostKolossus, on 05 July 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

The ability to add customized skins would be awesome. :)

If this game gets on steam it could be a community workshop thing, and then every month or so they could update the most popular fun stuff/skins into the game

also i reckon it would be amazing if you can look down... and see feet, not that many good games do that. another idea was tripping, if you run to close behind someone you both trip, or if you run into some one at a certain speed. :D not so sure about the latter but it would be cool
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#5 User is offline   Freshh Icon

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 06 July 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Custom Player skins Hummmmmmm

I can see that as old school skinning but I'll have to talk it over with BladeKiller.

Actually I wasn't quite sure about this, but the idea of Bavon is pretty good actually. You could just let the community skin the players with the workshop and then add the best skins every month or something.
Same with weapon skins and funstuff.

Also, one thing I forgot was funstuff. What about the ability to acces the funstuff easier? Like in a menu. You could also let people model funstuff.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 06 July 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Custom Player skins Hummmmmmm

I can see that as old school skinning but I'll have to talk it over with BladeKiller.

You could make it like in war thunder so that your costum skin is only visible to you.

This post has been edited by SilverFoxZ: 06 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#7 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

Upon connecting to a server, it will download the custom player skins from the players already connected. They will download your skin, during respawn or between rounds. When you quit a game, the skins will be deleted.

#8 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostFredrik, on 06 July 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Upon connecting to a server, it will download the custom player skins from the players already connected. They will download your skin, during respawn or between rounds. When you quit a game, the skins will be deleted.

Too much internet usage, some people like to savour internet and avoid small downloads that add up over time (i'm not one of these people, but i know someone who does that)
unless there is a setting to say "Download Player Custom Skins - on/off"
and also (sorry to criticise so much) I have Australian internet (about the speed of a snail being held back (1980s)), downloading a players custom skin during a match could take longer than the set respawn and cause lag throughout the match, this would also call on the patience of many as you connect to a server to download each or most players custom setup.

good idea though :D
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#9 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostBavon, on 06 July 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

also i reckon it would be amazing if you can look down... and see feet, not that many good games do that. another idea was tripping, if you run to close behind someone you both trip, or if you run into some one at a certain speed. :D not so sure about the latter but it would be cool

Seeing your own feet is not advisable because you would be drawing tris/surfaces that you would only be watching for too little time to be worth it.

And concerning tripping... please no. I already get pissed off when I jump in UrT and people jump near me disrupting my jump continuously (especially at spawn start).

#10 User is offline   Freshh Icon

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

View PostKolossus, on 06 July 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

Seeing your own feet is not advisable because you would be drawing tris/surfaces that you would only be watching for too little time to be worth it.

And concerning tripping... please no. I already get pissed off when I jump in UrT and people jump near me disrupting my jump continuously (especially at spawn start).

isn't it possible to do it similar to the weapon animation? to use it as an "overlay" or something like that? Like mirrors edge? I'm not sure about this. But it'd be awesome if there was a running animation with a knife that would be dynamic. Similar to Mirrors Edge.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942