Urban Terror Forums: Freeze on Sending Request to Auth Server - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Freeze on Sending Request to Auth Server Rate Topic: -----

Game freezes at the title screen

#1 User is offline   screamkitty Icon

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

Yep, I'm starting a new thread despite the existence of other similar threads, since the other ones appear to have gone unanswered/unsolved.

I was just playing the game with no problem the night before last. Last night, the game wouldn't get past the "Sending request to auth server" title screen and just froze every time- forcing me to ctrl+alt+del my way back to Windows (Vista Ultimate) and kill the app.

I've tried several things, including running the updater, removing the auth key file from the q3ut4 folder -- no change. No new programs or anything else has changed on my system (to my knowledge - I'm the only one who uses this laptop, ever).

There are few games of varying genres that I really enjoy, UrT being one of them. But, just getting this game to run properly and consistently has been more of a pain in the ass than any other game I've ever dealt with. I don't know if it's the auth system or what, but this game is a finicky beast.

I just started playing again after a long hiatus that was initiated by the game breaking just like this. I certainly hope I don't have to quit again, but I just don't care to spend hours of my time trying to fix a GAME that seemingly chooses when it feels like working.

IF ANYONE has any suggestions for things that have worked for them OR anyone who has found a solution (or a cause, for that matter), I'm all ears. I sent an email to FS after being unable to login to the website last night for some IP change nonsense. I swear, you'd think this site was holding military secrets with how much security there is.

So yeah, I'll check back on this (if I can) and hopefully (maybe) I'll see you back in the game. Otherwise, good luck to you!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942