Urban Terror Forums: "game client is not auth capable" - error - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"game client is not auth capable" - error Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   crackm0nk3y Icon

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

Hello all, I'm trying to get my 4.2.018 client to run on freebsd and having some issues. The game won't let me input my auth key, and I've tried several different methods using:
from game console "\auth-set xxxx",
creating a "authkey" file in my ".ioUrbanTerror/q3ut4/",
and of course trying to enter it from the game UI.
None of these works and it's quite frustrating. I don't know what happened but something did change, last time I played this game was about 3 years ago, on the same platform and had no issues. Please see link to the error:error

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:58 AM

Are you using the client from 4.1 or ioquake3? You need the new 4.2 client with auth capability in order to use auth. The binaries are here if you need them.

This post has been edited by Clear: 18 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

#3 User is offline   crackm0nk3y Icon

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

I'm using 4.2.018 client which is based on ioquake 1.36.
This was built from the available port on freebsd, and I'm running amd64 kernel. Anything else I should check?

#4 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

If you are indeed using the 4.2.018 client, then based on that error message, it looks like it wasn't compiled with the USE_AUTH flag enabled.

#5 User is offline   crackm0nk3y Icon

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:03 AM

Thank you for the reply Clear.
This leads me to more questions and more confusion. When I install the game from the available port, and issue "make config" I don't have any options to enable AUTH use flag, this is because I'm using a port written by somebody else who ported it to freebsd, I'm guessing... and when I install the freebsd provided precompiled binaries, they have AUTH turned off. I may do some reading to try to understand how porting happens for this OS, otherwise I think I'm SOL for trying to install this properly... :(

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942