• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Freeze Tag (FT) suggestion list Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   fonducci Icon

• Account: fonducci
  • Main tag: 420.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

Remove the roatation/turning when thawed. I guess if you are turning at the time you were frozen, it keeps turning after the thaw, which is very frustrating. "2 seconds and I can shoot this guy WAIT WHAT WHERE AM I"

This post has been edited by fonducci: 15 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

#12 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostMr.Yeah, on 15 September 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

I remember healing my frozen mates as I'm thawing them (with a medkit), didn't pay attention if their health was back to 90%, but shouldn't it work?

Healing frozen people does work and in fact speeds up thawing (+1% health means thawing 1% earlier). Which BTW reminds me that I need to open an issue about the percentage shown on the thaw bar…

EDIT: Frozen player’s health does not affect the thaw speed. The GitHub issue I mentioned above explains why I believed this to be true, if you’re interested.

This post has been edited by JRandomNoob: 18 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#13 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dsz

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostBiddle, on 14 September 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Once you're opponent is freezed he will not be able to execute any action except from moving his head right and left.

View Postfonducci, on 15 September 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Remove the roatation/turning when thawed. I guess if you are turning at the time you were frozen, it keeps turning after the thaw, which is very frustrating. "2 seconds and I can shoot this guy WAIT WHAT WHERE AM I"

Im not sure but from that what already Biddle said we can assume possibility of turning head around at least a little bit in future... cus ye for now it is a bit annoying.

#14 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

View Postfonducci, on 15 September 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

I guess you're talking about some 360 script or something similar ?

#15 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostBiddle, on 16 September 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

I guess what he means is that when you thaw the camera turns a bit. This screws up your aim and makes it hard to hit a player waiting for you to thaw out.

Another point: the thawing progressbar totally blocks your crosshair and makes it harder to tell where youre shooting

This post has been edited by YAY5637: 16 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   fonducci Icon

• Account: fonducci
  • Main tag: 420.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostBiddle, on 16 September 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

No I mean that it seems that if I am turning my body left or right at the time of being frozen, then when I thaw, my body continues to turn in that direction. I think that when you thaw, your body should remain in the direction it was facing during the time you were frozen and not spin to some random point.

I suppose this is tied into the same physics which allows players to be frozen in midair.

This post has been edited by fonducci: 16 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

#17 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

The player just thawed or defrozen need a sort time of protection from damage like in normal respawn. Maybe the cvar g_respawnProtection could be applied also in this case. To avoid players just waiting with aim to head of frozen enemy to shot when he melts after timeout.

Thawed players could start with more health (for example 75%) than melted players by timeout (only with 50%).

The size of the shield effect of a frozen player should be only just a little bit more than the size of the player, now it is too big, and it shoud have a visual clue about that size (for example the same as the ice effect around player).

This post has been edited by karnute: 16 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

#18 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

View Postkarnute, on 16 September 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

The player just thawed or defrozen need a sort time of protection from damage like in normal respawn. Maybe the cvar g_respawnProtection could be applied also in this case. To avoid players just waiting with aim to head of frozen enemy to shot when he melts after timeout.

Thawed players could start with more health (for example 75%) than melted players by timeout (only with 50%).

I agree. And it increases/encourage/reward teamwork

#19 User is offline   hil4rious Icon

• Account: hil4rious

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:23 PM

The turning issue after being thawed also happens after a timeout on matchmode which can be quite annoying in ctf since the timeout is called in the middle of the match. I'm pretty sure this issue comes from mouse movement, so if you dont move your mouse at all when you get frozen/during a timeout, this doesn't happen.

Other issues:
-The thawing progress bar completely blocks vision of the crosshair so I suggest you place it somewhere else.
-When players are frozen it seems like they block bullets around them way more than they should. Sometimes you are trying to shoot someone that is somewhat behind a frozen player and you can't because you just won't hit even though you are clearly aiming at him.

Thank you for this new game type! :)

This post has been edited by hil4rious: 16 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

#20 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

My suggestion is simple and follows logically from what already exists. We have Bomb Mode and Freeze Mode. Now let us have Bomb Freeze Mode, which would be exactly what it sounds like.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942