• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Freeze Tag (FT) suggestion list Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:33 PM

Freeze Tag

A really intuitive mode which consists (like BOMB) of a team survivor game with a couple more features. Your main goal is to freeze the opponent team simultinaously. To do so, you have to kill your opponent the same way you would do in a classic TS game. Once you're opponent is freezed he will not be able to execute any action except from moving his head right and left. But, a freezed opponent isn't just dead: if he gets lucky enough for a mate to come around, he can get thawed out back into the game. Also, over time players melt down on their own and get back in game also (advice: play sunny maps). If you get had that chance, you're back alive and free to move and shoot again, with the only disadvantage of starting off with only 50% of your health. Now, run to your ski suits!

Please write in this topic the suggestions or critics you may have concerning FT.
A clean list will be made out of the serious and interesting suggestions.

------- Community requested features:

• Allow booting of Frozen players, and why not enabling a knockback while shooting at them
  • Play a sound when a player gets frozen (https://www.youtube....h?v=JCu7q5gZaeA)
  • Apply gravity to frozen players
  • Reset the stamina of a player who just got thawed back in
  • Improve the visual identification of frozen players depending on their team
  • Or, simply replace the quad effect by an icy 3D model (http://bit.ly/1wlDTCW)
  • Do not get killed on teamkills but frozen instead
  • Highlight frozen team mates on minimap
  • Enable thawing more than one player at the same time
  • Frozen players be allowed to spectate their teammates
  • Notify a player he is being thawed (sound, or visual effect)
  • Apply a specific position to frozen players (hands in the air?)
  • Add a new (secondary?) weapon enabling players to thaw from distance (http://youtu.be/ZX1t_p2yGeM?t=2m59s)
  • Make thaw time be proportional to the left melt down time
  • Add an ice effect when frozen, like som sort of ice explosion
  • Change the quad effect colour to white

#2 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:07 AM

Well... I remember freeze mod for being that mod where you put your hands up when you die.... so I would like to see that happen as every freeze mod I have ever played, that has happened.
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#3 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dsz

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

1. Allow shooting/boot/etc to the frozen players to move them so they wont block anything/anyone and we will even know from message hits who is frozen and using them as shield wont be so easy like now.

2.If above point then - let frozen players fall down to the ground (would be weird to move frozen players in the air or thaw own mates)

3. Reset stamina thawed guy.

4. Put something on ice surface what can easy identify the team color. (for me it can be even bow/loop like on gifts or just arrow above the head) after that can just lower transparency of ice surface so will be more visible who is frozen or can just make from frozens big ice cubes ;)

5. Do NOT allow any kind of DEAD's. Even if TK then just freeze player + like in CTF, penalty for using /kill = double thaw the time.

6. Integrate current hp/stamina/body icon to notify about thaw process - blinking, loading hp with different color or stamina etc etc many ways - for now screen is full of texts.

7. Add similar prefix like it is with [SPEC] [DEAD] before nick when player is frozen and said something, would be cool if it got color "^5".

8. Highlight frozen team mates on minimap by some hard blinking or something to easily follow them.

9. If point 1 - Let thaw every close team mate around, not one by one so enemies will have to separate them from each other by shooting/booting etc

This post has been edited by D SZ: 15 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

#4 User is offline   herbalterror Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Agree in particular with points 5 and 8.

About ice coloration, I'm not so sure. In another thread someone said blue is confusing and I agree. But ice is cool and should be represented. Maybe a neutral color such as yellow, or blue ice for blue team and red ice for red (as in other q3 games).

And there's a very cool freezetag feature from MOHAA I'd like to see implemented as an option in urt: the defrosting laser beam: http://youtu.be/ZX1t_p2yGeM?t=2m59s
It widens the tactical options for thawing and also allows taunting the opponents or communicating with teammates by pointing towards stuff.

#5 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

• When a player is getting thawed out, display a notice on his screen so he knows that someone is thawing him out
  • Add some visual effect when a player is Frozen (in fpp): something like a colored overlay (below the hud obviously) blue/cyan which fade out meanwhile you are melting down (piece of cake to add and it will be cool imho)
  • Remove teamkills: and /kill should not be penalized imho....why the hell should I /kill myself if there is no respawn (it's not like CTF)
  • Play a sound when a player gets frozen ( pick one)
  • Display information on frozen player in the teamoverlay: you could overlap a pattern to the player box in the teamoverlay, or use a color for each skin to highlight frozen players
  • Remove the quad effect (for ppl who don't know is the blue thingy surrouding frozen players): I know it's cool but to me it doesn't seem that someone is Frozen when surrounded by it (sound more like he's going to become super sayan or smth). I would create a new entity, attach an icy 3D model to it (something like this: http://bit.ly/1wlDTCW but I'm sure Frankie can make something way cooler) and overlap it to the player model. You could create one entity per player and link/unlink it at the right time.
  • Allow booting of Frozen players indeed, but also allow to move them by shooting at the player model (like the knockback does)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostFenix, on 15 September 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

/kill should not be penalized imho....why the hell should I /kill myself if there is no respawn (it's not like CTF)

Well exactly its not CTF, do you wanna see how people just hiding somewhere cus they got 1 hp then typed /kill to regenerate to this half hp or when they already know they gonna loose and to not give frag point to opponent meanly killing himself.

#7 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostD SZ, on 15 September 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

do you wanna see how people just hiding somewhere cus they got 1 hp then typed /kill to regenerate to this half hp

It won't happen cause /kill, for the most obvious reasons possible kills you.

View PostD SZ, on 15 September 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

when they already know they gonna loose and to not give frag point to opponent meanly killing himself.

This is why you get -1 point in your personnal score for doing so.

#8 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostBiddle, on 15 September 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

It won't happen cause /kill, for the most obvious reasons possible kills you.

This is why you get -1 point in your personnal score for doing so.

Me -1 he nothing and idea about DEAD players, well I hope team killing wont work like that. Ok EOT about /kill

#9 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

* Do spectacting on your teammembers allowed when frozen, like in the original freeze mod and stop spectating, when melted or thawed.
* Make ice effect, when frozen, like a ice explosion around the player.
* Make thaw quicker depending on the time left for melting, so like 5 sec back and you begin thaw, it'll maybe start from 75 % instead of 0?
* Make armband color cyan when frozen and players choice (or what's set i the server.cfg), when unfrozen. Means you know the differens between frozen and unfrozen players.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942