• You cannot reply to this topic

List of good Suggestions Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#11 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

for the demo tutorial.....
i don't think i liked the demo tutorial in 4.1. Because if you don't KNOW that by default nearly everything that you do (press a movement key e.g.) will drop you out of the game. So as i started playing (some time ago? - feels like forever) i thought it was a tutorial match. so i clicked/tried to move and it left the demo.... meh.

I would like something like a tutorial map more. And im sure we can do a pretty decent one.(i would volunteer.)

i did this attempt some month ago. i mean is totally a speed-map and shit, but it gives a good impression of what a tutorial could look like within the limitations of idtech3.
I guess you could even add a bot-fight part in the end if you do spawning/server-settings right.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#12 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

A good CTF/JUMP movie community made instead of that main menu's casa screenshot. Anyway good point lion.

roar

#13 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

I would like to have a friendlyfire-damage filter in server browser. A yes/no/all could be enough, including in "yes" both cases with kicking (=1) or not (=2) for too much teamkill. Maybe too an extra column could be added with a small mark about friendlyfire-damage in the servers table shown (just after gametype it seems to be space for it).

Also the same filter in official web server list, but in this case it could be more specific (distinguish kicking or not).

And some hint (mark, color, etc) in the hud about friendlyfire damage active or not...

The game play is very different with/without friendlyfire damage, so i would like to know in which type of server to join.

This post has been edited by karnute: 16 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

#14 User is offline   fonducci Icon

• Account: fonducci
  • Main tag: 420.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

I can't see the new weapon/gear icons to save my life. I think that the transparency behind them needs to be reduced; the icons are not prominent enough in the weapon select GUI.

#15 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

I have a few suggestions:

I think the secondary guns need to be a bit more balanced. Either ump is too strong, or everything else is too weak.

I don't know if this will go over well, but maybe removing fall damage when landing on to a ladder/climbable surface.

Changes to smoke nades where it quickly fills an entire area with smoke for a short period of time. Smoke nades right now are only used to spam enemy bases in CTF, but if they quickly filled an area, then dissipated after a short while, they could have much more tactical use.

Have a tutorial for the game. I think I played for 1 year before figuring out I could use ctrl to open doors and press buttons as well as P for turning off TAC and laser.

HK69 should have an option to change the 'cook' time for the nades. Maybe an option for 2, 2.5, and 3 second delays or something of the sort.

Custom crosshairs, or at least more crosshairs that have 2 different colours like a black and white, or a crosshair where it is the colour you set it, and also the inverted colour. like a cyan and magenta crosshair. Here is a link to the topic I posted originally about this.

And finally a new item: Steroids/stimpacks/staminapacks/whatever

Basically gives you a few seconds of infinite stamina no matter what your health is. I made a topic about this a while ago with some other possible applications, but I think the 3 second burst is the best suggestion for it.

This post has been edited by tupp: 17 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:02 AM

Tie auth level to levels of verification, as well as hours logged playing by the auth system. Use APIs such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, StackExchange to provide 'ID points' to get verified. You could include signed PGP keys as well, that way even Richard Stallman could get a game in if he wanted*. You could also include a small donation option for some ID points to help cover the costs of running infrastructure, and kitting out new developers. I was thinking of a 2-part system, where you are verified/unverified and another level based on hours logged (though this seeems buggy atm). Of course leave it up to the owners/operators what level they wish as the minimum for their server(s).

*(he doesn't)

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 17 September 2014 - 02:05 AM

#17 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:07 AM

Also, where can I buy my nounou designed Urban Terror T-shirt plz

#18 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

I think it would be cool to have a "hit feedback" on crosshair; Don't remember who post it around here but it is a nice feature, like a color change or a second type of crosshair (like the one you can see on gta V) that show up when you hit someone.

The kill feedback on crosshair would be also great, two cool options to replace both kill sound and hit sound :D

BB

This post has been edited by redneck ita: 17 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

#19 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Something I wanted to implement myself but I got told not to (and imho it's something necessary). Since the introduction of the skin system saying that you are in RED team or BLUE team doesn't make sense. This led to the introduction of horrible placeholders in the HUD and chat area to identify the correct team you are in when using non-default skins.
Usually if you use non standards skins (example Ally: green, Enemy: purple) happens that you are green but blue and enemy is purple but red.....

Posted Image

Simple solution (adopted by many FPS): drop RED and BLUE teams and use ALPHA, BRAVO (CHARLIE and DELTA if you want to make gametypes with 4 teams). In this way team identifiers are not bounded to colors an it's not confusing anymore. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by Fenix: 17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

#20 User is offline   Olius Icon

• Account: olius

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

View Postthelionroars, on 15 September 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

• Bring back the demo that shows the movements. It's sad to see someone review the game over a few minutes and never see what makes urban terror unique.

I really think this is a great idea... Why was it removed anyway? It was a lifesaver for me!

EDIT: I also am too lazy to read other posts, so I'll add that the idea of a tutorial map (such as in TF2) is a great one. In any case, make an obvious button for the tutorial (it suggested you watch it back in 4.1, right?).

Iye's map is a great example!

This post has been edited by olius: 13 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

BOOM
HEADSHOT

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942