SHIFT = sprint
DEL = crouch
AUX1 = walk

#104 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 24 January 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

karnute, I used the D for forward as I always found reaching for the W bothered my middle finger. I use my index finger on the F just the way your fingers rest when touch typing. I find it much easier to keep the D depressed for long periods of time (one tends to move forward most of the time). Hitting the C instead of the D to go backwards is easy in this config.

Uff! I think my index finger is a little shorter, so in touch typing I find it easier to press C with it instead of with my middle...
Inspired by you, I am going to try change from WASD to S=left, D=right, F=forward, C=backward (F and C with index). This way I can extend range for pinky and get also more options for index. It should take a few days to get used to it, but maybe in the long term it could be better :rolleyes:

View PostBarbatos, on 24 January 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

Talk about weirdos. I use IJKL! :tongue:

For a moment I read it wrong :wacko: as if you were using HJKL from vim :laugh: (I used them a long time ago in vi).

#105 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

View Postkarnute, on 25 January 2015 - 02:05 AM, said:

Uff! I think my index finger is a little shorter, so in touch typing I find it easier to press C with it instead of with my middle...
Inspired by you, I am going to try change from WASD to S=left, D=right, F=forward, C=backward (F and C with index). This way I can extend range for pinky and get also more options for index. It should take a few days to get used to it, but maybe in the long term it could be better :rolleyes:

For a moment I read it wrong :wacko: as if you were using HJKL from vim :laugh: (I used them a long time ago in vi).

Dont understand why you all use r for reload ??? omg still have a ballmouse?

Keybord layout:

WASD//
E sprint/ indexfinger
Q crouch
X drop medkit
C drop kevlar
V drop flag
N weapon mode
M mini map
Shift strafe(walk slowly silent)

Mouse key layout:

Have a g500 logitech use the three side buttons for:

1 Defuse doors
2 Med (heal)
3 Reload

Only thing so far i've noticed is its hard to go right when pressing w and e also couch sliding in circles needs some work.

This post has been edited by killspree: 28 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#106 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 24 January 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

Talk about weirdos. I use IJKL! :tongue:

not very weird ijkl than your hand is not so far from your mouse :D

btw did you make it possible in 4.2 to scroll the server list that is awsome :D

#107 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Hi all,

One thing that i think should be fixed is the This server is for low ping only...
This happens on connecting and or when dl a new map.

Why this should be updated/fixed is because not all players know they can type /reconnect,
The server seems to not do this only if you have maxping in the server.cfg to about higer than 450-500.

Why urt does this (I think) there should be a delay build in the code somewhere for example when you connect to a server that is running a map that you dont have these steps happens when you start urt.
You click connect to your server you want to play on so urt connects to that ip then you are asked if you want to dl the map you click and your connection is lost and you now connect to the server where the map is located then it reconnects to the server you want to play on.
There should be delay build in when you connect to a server i think maybe 500ms or something and then a delay again after downloading the map when you reconnect to the server ip.

This post has been edited by killspree: 28 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

#108 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

I was thinking, can we have the FS, MOD and QA a personal icon when we play in UrT? Example the blue and purple happy face (This is the happy face of our profiles)?

#109 User is offline   mathieu Icon

• Account: mathieu
  • Main tag: [KzH]

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostAnonDafb, on 20 February 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

I was thinking, can we have the FS, MOD and QA a personal icon when we play in UrT? Example the blue and purple happy face (This is the happy face of our profiles)?

I dissagree, the tag from QA/FS is already enough, it would feels like we brag we're in it and not other so the QA/FS clantag is already enough

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942