• Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

There is a freeze mode.
Or do you refer to it not beeing good?
If so you should maybe give some information, about what you dislike

#152 User is offline   The Great FeRRoH Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

I have been checking out the suggestion forums lately since I was lead to it due to another concern of my mine, and I have, so far, enjoyed reading them. Furthermore, I have also concocted a few of my own that I have thought about sporadically while playing UrT and/or reading the community's suggestions. Here are my suggestions for the game, to wit:
A. Stun Grenades;
B. Grenade Explosion Cover; &
C. JHP (Jacketed Hollow Points).

STUN GRENADES
The concept is pretty simple. I can see that there is a "freeze" gametype already integrated in UrT. All we have to do is implement a slightly customized code to "freeze/stun" the players into place when hit in the blast radius. However, they may still move in place and shoot. The only down-side to this, maybe, is a stun-HE spam; where a player lobs a stun grenade and his teammate lobs an HE as well. GG! Anyway, it may be a good idea to consider.

GRENADE EXPLOSION COVER
I have conceptualized this feature while playing, actually. It is a feature where a player can use the "use" key or whatever key that is bound to "ut_grenadecover," or something to that effect, when a nade is around his area. The player will then cover the grenade with his body thereby getting all the damage from the blast. This may be useful in some situations like medding an injured teammate, going through a corridor, or even just having a nade land in front of you. Obviously, if it lands in your face, GGWP!

JHP
I have read through the thread that you may be setting up the notoriety system, which, I think, is a good idea. So, by doing that, you may as well add additional features or perks associated with it, and that would be jacketed hollow points. Generally, a JHP bullet would leave major trauma and seldom go through-and-through due to mushrooming. Hence, I think the coders can adjust it by adding +125% to +135% damage and/or bleed to the target when hit.
Additionally, the bullet is only applied at certain intervals in the primary weapon's mag depending on the player's notoriety. As an example, given notorieties of {basic, advanced, master, pro:}
basic will have an interval of 1/30;
advanced with 1/15;
master at 1/10; &
pro at 1/6; or the other way around depending on your mood. That should give a little dynamic and a bit of luck to the gameplay.

I hope you give these suggestions some thought.

Thank you, and have an awesome day!

This post has been edited by The Great FeRRoH: 27 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

"You can never change the world because the world changes you."

~The Great FeRRoH~

#153 User is offline   oddcam Icon

• Account: oddcam

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostYAY5637, on 27 April 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

There is a freeze mode.
Or do you refer to it not beeing good?
If so you should maybe give some information, about what you dislike

Yes, I meant that it was no good. 4.1 Freeze had a full server most of the day, but 4.2 Freeze was different, and not fun. I could list the differences if anyone is interested.

Is there a way someone could port the 4.1 Freeze to 4.3?

This post has been edited by oddcam: 01 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

#154 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostThe Great FeRRoH, on 27 April 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

GRENADE EXPLOSION COVER
I have conceptualized this feature while playing, actually. It is a feature where a player can use the "use" key or whatever key that is bound to "ut_grenadecover," or something to that effect, when a nade is around his area. The player will then cover the grenade with his body thereby getting all the damage from the blast. This may be useful in some situations like medding an injured teammate, going through a corridor, or even just having a nade land in front of you. Obviously, if it lands in your face, GGWP!

My idea is similar to this. Thanks for posting.

I describe my idea as the ability to jump on the grenade to sacrifice yourself and save your comrade(s) from damage. You'd have to be close enough to get there before the grenade explodes, but if you land in time it gives some protection to nearby players. Amount of protection given would be a function of the distance from the grenade explosion — with higher distance giving increasing protection. From the time that the sacrificing player first jumps on the grenade to the time that the grenade actually explodes, he would not be able to shoot or med or take any other action. Needless to say, the sacrificing player always dies even at max health with kevlar and helmet.

In mechanical game terms, you'd move to stand on top of the grenade and then you'd press the Crouch key. (Ideally, instead of crouching, there would be a new animation and new key bind for this action)

View PostThe Great FeRRoH, on 27 April 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

JHP
I have read through the thread that you may be setting up the notoriety system, which, I think, is a good idea. So, by doing that, you may as well add additional features or perks associated with it, and that would be jacketed hollow points. Generally, a JHP bullet would leave major trauma and seldom go through-and-through due to mushrooming. Hence, I think the coders can adjust it by adding +125% to +135% damage and/or bleed to the target when hit.
Additionally, the bullet is only applied at certain intervals in the primary weapon's mag depending on the player's notoriety. As an example, given notorieties of {basic, advanced, master, pro:}
basic will have an interval of 1/30;
advanced with 1/15;
master at 1/10; &
pro at 1/6; or the other way around depending on your mood. That should give a little dynamic and a bit of luck to the gameplay.

Also I had a similar idea to this. But before I describe my version, I just have to state my view that I am against player levels that give an advantage. Notoriety is fine as long as it is only cosmetic and does not give any material advantage to one player over another.

My idea started when thinking about how the Extra Ammo is hardly ever used. To make this item more interesting, rename it to Special Ammo and have it open up to a selection of different types of specialty ammunition.

The ammo selection would depend upon the weapon currently equipped, since some types only make sense for a particular class of weapon:

• Armor piercing rounds would only be available to rifles, Negev, and snipers and would provide a slight damage increase to certain locations, like the kevlar but not the torso. So for the SR8 it wouldn't affect a kevlar shot which is already a kill. But the PSG would be more viable now doing more damage vs. kevlar (maybe make it enough for a kill shot?).

• Jacketed hollow point (JHP) rounds would only be available to non-rifles (secondaries and sidearms) and would provide a slight damage increase to certain locations, like the torso but not the kevlar. You can see a good balance here because this is the reverse logic of the armor piercing rounds. Obviously there are further interesting options for balancement with this system.

•Another bullet type that I'd love to see is a subsonic round that would improve the performance of the silencer in certain ways, granting best performance for sidearms and the secondaries, less benefit for primaries like M4/LR and Negev, and no benefit for sniper rifles, with perhaps a special compensation for use with the G36 giving it better silencer performance than the other rifles (doesn't that weapon need some love anyway?).

•Other people have already suggested slugs for the shotguns. But I'm not sure about this since it takes away from the point of the Benelli. So really looking for something more creative here and maybe shotguns need to be looked at more in general first of all.

Anyone would have access to this ammunition, not just people with player ranks or levels, since you'd just pick it at the cost of an item selection, forcing you to spend that slot you would otherwise use for perhaps a laser or a kevlar or helmet. It's a reasonably expensive purchase to select Special Ammo as a gear item, and even then the ammo you select would provide only slight bonuses. This idea keeps away from disturbing the traditional gameplay because rather it extends upon existing equipment systems. The choice of specialty ammo depends upon item purchases that already exist in the game and so this opens a new area for gear loadouts that are more individualized but in a way that stacks up with existing item choices for Urban Terror.

I know this is the 4.x suggestions thread but of course I mean this suggestion for a future Resurgence version.

This post has been edited by Magister: 01 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

#155 User is offline   The Great FeRRoH Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

That is a really interesting idea, and an even better one, if I may add! That would open up really interesting avenues of teamplay like having an extra ammo in your inventory and dropping it for a teammate with GOD-like aim; just like how people purchase anoother pistol/rifle for their teammates at the start of the round in CS.

On another note, instead of giving additional perks to a player based on notoriety levels, why not implement an in-game veteran/level system that gives you additional perks per round/per wave (ctf) that the player is alive? It's much like the minute additions you get when you keep using a weapon in MoH:Airborne. Obviously, if the player dies, then it resets. This, I think, encourages an even more dynamic gameplay of preserving life most specifically with medding teammates. Thoughts?

"You can never change the world because the world changes you."

~The Great FeRRoH~

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#156 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostThe Great FeRRoH, on 01 May 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

On another note, instead of giving additional perks to a player based on notoriety levels, why not implement an in-game veteran/level system that gives you additional perks per round/per wave (ctf) that the player is alive? It's much like the minute additions you get when you keep using a weapon in MoH:Airborne. Obviously, if the player dies, then it resets. This, I think, encourages an even more dynamic gameplay of preserving life most specifically with medding teammates. Thoughts?

Everyone's gotta be on an even playing field with urt. No advantages.

#157 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

What tupp said.

Secondly, how does a bonus you loose when you die encourage dynamic gameplay and not camping? Further, since you brought it up, dying in CTF possibly inst a bad thing at all. It fully heals you, and returns you to your spawn/your flag. If you time it right, its a lot better to just outright kill a teammate than heal him. For roundbased modes (SV, bomb specifically) this wouldn't make any sense. It would basically just buff the already winning team. And for TDM it would be an outright camping invitation.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#158 User is offline   Aasaaronsson Icon

• Account: aasaaronsson

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

Nice tips, thanks!

#159 User is offline   ge0rdie Icon

• Account: ge0rdie

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

I have read quite a few posts here about some form of notoriety scheme with perks that give some sort of advantage.

I agree with tupp, I am absolutely against this idea, everyone should be equal.

So many other FPS's have this "unlock stuff" feature that it is not a stand out feature at all, its more like a "me too".

In fact I think that NOT having it is a feature.

Here are some good reasons to NOT do it:

1) A "total kills" notoriety is not fair. Why should some people have an advantage just because they play for 10hrs a day to unlock stuff? I have a job and a family, I can't do that.

2) I spend a great deal of time (more than 50%) playing under pseudonyms for administrative purposes, I would not earn "notoriety" while doing this, so 50% of my playing time would not count.

3) A "skill level" notoriety promotes boring low risk play. People will be so concerned about their kill ratio, they will not risk knifing someone in case it backfires on them. As an example, my server used to run B3 with xlrstats and xlrstats webfront. After a conversation with Schroder from Confluvium about this exact issue, I turned it all off.

4) There is a very limited number of playable servers in my corner of the world. If an admin on one of them bans me, I'm screwed. This has actually happened, so I can only play under a different name there now, and there is no way for me to find out how/why. Goodbye any accrued notoriety.

So to sum up:

The only way you should get an advantage is by choosing the load out that best suits your playing style and the map you are playing.

My opinion is that if you are going to have perks for notoriety, it has to be something that does not give an advantage, like funstuff or something like that.

Anyhow, that is my 2 cents
--ge0rdie

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942