• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT 4,2 - time to give it up Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 23 October 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

There are serious limitations for Auth and AC on an open source engine. This is why we have to switch to an engine we can work with and keep secure. Then we can make Auth fully functional like it was in fstech1/HD and we'll have a secure AC. It's hard to do AC when the engine is open source and the game code has been leaked.

TY - honest answer and I thank you for that.

Gotta check my list -

UrT - every night /most nights/

Alien Isolation - u too - but I hate u f**king alien

GJ FS

Keep on working it - nn

This post has been edited by BorderFox: 23 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

BorderFox

#12 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:32 PM

Check out the CTF East server. We're one of the most popular servers and have a solid team of admins/mods that are frequently on.

#14 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 29 October 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Nope I'm suggesting the total number of servers could be cut way back as to what it is now.

In large part the problems we face is caused by more than enough servers as needed to support the current player base.

If I was crazy enough to do it, and with in my ability to do so, server operators would be required to register for a slot as players do to play on them.

Let the fur fly. :D

I think that would help a lot and is a good idea. Maybe not even a limited number of slots per say, but some sort of review process of new public servers before they can be listed. I think it makes sense to have servers with different flavors, such as ones that are the 24/7 of maps, and different configurations, as well as different physical locations, but it just hurts the community when there's 20 of basically the same server with similar locations and you're already having trouble keeping servers full.

#15 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 29 October 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Nope I'm suggesting the total number of servers could be cut way back as to what it is now.

In large part the problems we face is caused by more than enough servers as needed to support the current player base.

If I was crazy enough to do it, and with in my ability to do so, server operators would be required to register for a slot as players do to play on them.

Let the fur fly. :D

F1 I Like this idea.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostTehReaper, on 05 November 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

I think that would help a lot and is a good idea. Maybe not even a limited number of slots per say, but some sort of review process of new public servers before they can be listed. I think it makes sense to have servers with different flavors, such as ones that are the 24/7 of maps, and different configurations, as well as different physical locations, but it just hurts the community when there's 20 of basically the same server with similar locations and you're already having trouble keeping servers full.

So how would one decide that server A has a "right to exist" and server B does not? All settings on the servers being the same in terms of game-play (maybe even having similar physical properties).

#17 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:47 AM

jesus, are you serious?

the game lacks players and you want to cut down on servers? i don't get the logic here, be happy there are still people out there who are willing to invest money in this game. what do you want to tell someone who does not run a server to your liking?

imo this is a ridiculous idea. there are other ways to improve this game/ attract players, i really don't think reducing infrastructure will help you to make urt more popular...

if you feel the range of servers lack variety then maybe approach the server hosts and try to cooperate with them instead of stepping on their toes...

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 08 November 2014 - 12:48 AM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#18 User is offline   Tristan Icon

• Account: tristan
  • Main tag: =BL=

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 08 November 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

jesus, are you serious?

+1 fullack! :)
[size="14"] [/size]

#20 User is offline   Fasoldgames Icon

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

You guys should really try the Nexunity.org server, if you haven't played there already.

I have played URT for many years now and this server is by far my favorite. It has bots, which may put some people off, but only
on the terrorist side, and what ususally happens is that a few players join the bots, to lurk among them and snipe unsuspecting players or
just do a quick runaround.
(But the bots are often disabled when enough players are around)

I usually get a bit obsessive about my K/D, so having bots makes it easier to unobsess, as there are easy kills to be had.

But the best part is the community there, there are many friendly players and good admins. Watch out for the admin Titan though, he is very good.
I like to talk a bit when i'm dead, and i've had some very funny conversations there. So join the Nexunity server I would say, it really is great fun!

This post has been edited by Fasoldgames: 19 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942