• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How about promotion?

#1 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

What is going to happen after and before the launch of UrtHD?
Will UrtHD bring new life to Urt? What are the plans? Is it going to draw any attention??

Okay lets have a huge ass discussion about this topic because when I look at Urt its staff, than this doesn't looks promising. I can't find anyone with a talent for commerce and/or marketing.
~ Cheers

xF.

#2 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

Get famous youtubers who play things like CS/quake etc. type games to make a video on UrT/ Let them interview FS members. Easiest and most effective way to get UrT out there imo.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#3 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

Some one contact PewDiePie!
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#4 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostFleuv, on 08 October 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

What is going to happen after and before the launch of UrtHD?
Will UrtHD bring new life to Urt? What are the plans? Is it going to draw any attention??

Okay lets have a huge ass discussion about this topic because when I look at Urt its staff, than this doesn't looks promising. I can't find anyone with a talent for commerce and/or marketing.

Yes lets have a huge ass discussion about a game that doesn't even exist yet.
And yes lets get all the famous YouTubers that cover video games to do a review of UrT HD...

Lets take baby steps before we make a leap and call all those YouTubers.
How about we first wait for a working alpha to come, so there's actually something to show.
Lets first start with websites that cover indie games and mods, sites like moddb.com. and gamejolt.com or indiedb.com or even steam forum. Or...no wait i got a brilliant idea, lets show the game on epic's forum, wow now that's something new.

You people do realize that all those famous YouTubers that do reviews and give good grades to crap games are actually payed to do reviews?
Or maybe you think they do it for fun, they dont. And those that give actually realistic reviews also do it for money except they live off of advertisement.
And they wont do reviews of games for which they dont see views, cause views=money.
And how many messages a day that say "please review my super awesome game" do you think they get.
Probably so much that they dont bother reading them.

Marketing isn't just "lets send some e-mails and watch them do the job of making this game popular for us".
It costs money and takes time, and of course you must have something to show. I think that part is pretty damn important, unless the trailer will display UrT logo for 3 minutes.

This thread is actually more ridiculous than the one "lets advertise UrT 4.2 and save the game" thread.
They actually had a game to advertise, true it's a half dead ancient game with nothing to show and attract people with except wall jumping....*cough*titanfall*cough*.
But at least they had something.

#5 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

View Postrayne2, on 08 October 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Yes lets have a huge ass discussion about a game that doesn't even exist yet.
And yes lets get all the famous YouTubers that cover video games to do a review of UrT HD...

Lets take baby steps before we make a leap and call all those YouTubers.
How about we first wait for a working alpha to come, so there's actually something to show.
Lets first start with websites that cover indie games and mods, sites like moddb.com. and gamejolt.com or indiedb.com or even steam forum. Or...no wait i got a brilliant idea, lets show the game on epic's forum, wow now that's something new.

You people do realize that all those famous YouTubers that do reviews and give good grades to crap games are actually payed to do reviews?
Or maybe you think they do it for fun, they dont. And those that give actually realistic reviews also do it for money except they live off of advertisement.
And they wont do reviews of games for which they dont see views, cause views=money.
And how many messages a day that say "please review my super awesome game" do you think they get.
Probably so much that they dont bother reading them.

Marketing isn't just "lets send some e-mails and watch them do the job of making this game popular for us".
It costs money and takes time, and of course you must have something to show. I think that part is pretty damn important, unless the trailer will display UrT logo for 3 minutes.

These are some good statements you announced here rayne2 (btw what happen with rayne?).

First of all you're completely right about starting to early with promoting. But that doesn't mean that it's not an bad idea to start thinking about how it should be done in the future. It's like you're not going to build something if you're not aware of what its going to produce. The world just doesn't work like that anymore, you've to know before it even exists: what people will try your product, what kind of attention it will get, where it will be played etc..

My meaning of this topic is to get more information about (or from) urt dev their marketing/promotion strategy/plans: Product Market Combinations, Marketing mixes and Marketingplans. Three really important fundamentals (in my eyes) for the base of your marketing.

View Postrayne2, on 08 October 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

This thread is actually more ridiculous than the one "lets advertise UrT 4.2 and save the game" thread.
They actually had a game to advertise, true it's a half dead ancient game with nothing to show and attract people with except wall jumping....*cough*titanfall*cough*.
But at least they had something.

I totally disagree, this is very important. Not only because "the customers" (players) take care of the game its popularity. No also because the players make the game, by giving feedback or something similar to that. In this thread we talk about these players what to do with them? Or how to get more of them?

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 08 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

~ Cheers

xF.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

How to get more of them hmmm....actually listen to the community? Don't discard ideas that are better than your own?
FS team would have been better off to create a nice indie adventure game on UE4 rather than try to reboot an ancient game on a newer engine. That train took off years ago, when a bunch of us asked for it to be done and we got laughed at.

#7 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

Consider that there are lots of tricks to "mindfuck" your target group. If you get a better understanding of these tricks, than you will understand that you don't need a perfect product to make it extremely populair.
~ Cheers

xF.

#8 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

That would have to be the biggest mindfucking orgy in the world to sell UrT as is to anyone.

#9 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

I agree that there should be more to show before going big on promotion.

Also a interview or something similar is not a review, you dont review alphas. It would be more like lets say frankie goes on TS3 with youtuber X where frankie can explain to the audience of that youtuber wich would most likely be interested in a game like UrT because they are subscribed to that youtuber since he does videos to games similar to UrT.

And no there are plenty of such youtubers who do it because they like doing it, im sorry if the only ones you know are retards like PewDiePie.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942