Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reinstall....save maps? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   stevansky Icon

• Account: stevansky

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hello everyone. Hadn't played the game for quite awhile so I opened it up and played a few games. Didn't see many servers so I figured it had been updated since I last played. Tried to use the updater several times but it would only get so far into download and then quit. Afterwards I tried to play again and it didn't work anymore.

Not much bandwidth here so I had a friend put the whole install on a flashdrive for me. It took me a long time the last time I did this to get all the maps back again so my question is.....can I copy the q3ut4 folder and replace the new one with it, or would that replace some files that have been updated in the newest version?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

if you do a merge (win7 e.g. asks you if you want to merge folders) it will only replace files, if they are in the target folder already. So Yes, you can paste the q3ut4 into the old q3ut4 and are good to go.

Just to clarify. You need to merge the NEW folder into the OLD one. otherwise you would replace any new assets.

If you are unsure you could just paste all zUrT*.pk3s
You should also consider updating the executables then.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

just move the maps and paste them into the new q3ut4 folder along with your binds.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942