Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last Weapon when die Rate Topic: -----

by init.cfg or last weapon_toggle

#1 User is offline   mygale Icon

• Account: mygale

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hello 44 years today lol (and my tailor is rich: my english!!!)

Do script is a part of a game for me. On OFP (operation Flashpoint: by bohemia who do ARMA) i love do scripts like anti lags and anti cheats, whose work very well :p); hate lags (no talk about high ping) and cheats.

On this game do an anticheat script not possible but i have many many idea (like a laucher client ...), ARF.

For Lags perhaps an idea change the F... snapshot to 25 :p) and fix: rate, max_fps (100 realy great i think), cl_maxpackets by sets :p) (v4.1: 25000, 83, 41: never lose FPS and or packets; now can do 25000, 100, 50 just miss 25 snap)

But not realy my point today; i would like to know if is possible (not hard i think) to put init.cfg or last weapon_toggle when die.

Realy thx and cu later in game (forum not easy for me; just see my english).

#2 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

I like and hate the fact all weapons drop upon death, it's good so you can pick up Nades from dead team mates but picking up other stuff can stuff up my weapon changes.

I would prefer to keep the weapon dead drops as it is :)

(I hope that is the point you were trying to get to)
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#3 User is offline   mygale Icon

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

(Nickname: Mygale, Possest, Toto.cfg)

Lo Bavon long time no see you :p) (DB sr8 only)

A good example of my wonderfull english. not really the point i was trying to get to (learn a sentence).

I do script for everything knife, nade, sidearm, auto, g36, snipe, double sensitivity (or more for x2 x3 zoom), ...

an example for weapon:

seta Weapon_Primary "exec scripts/weapon-snipe.cfg" <-- create this archive variable and put in comment //

bind x "set Weapon_Toggle ut_weaptoggle primary; set Weapon_Caring vstr Weapon_Primary; vstr Weapon_Caring"

like that when i die, i would like come back with last script and weapon i caring.

a good way is init.cfg (better can do what i want and many game do that).

Realy thx Bavon for reply. I am clearer?

This post has been edited by mygale: 31 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

#4 User is offline   Bavon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: bavon

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:13 PM

Hey Man :D Definitely a long time :D

Much clearer now thanks :D

I'm not that good at binding but that does sound like a nice thing to have, you could suggest it to be in the next update as an option in the inventory menu to make it easier to enable and disable if you find it's not working to your favour. :)
I make songs about Urban Terror..... Bavons Youtube
https://bavon.org

#5 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

So if i understand you correctly you want a script/ingame-function that always respawns you with the weapon you held as you died.
Such function does not exist atm. (but as Bavon suggested you could post a suggestion for the next release)
Best thing you can do is a bind that a) toggles to the last weapon you carried or b) resets binds to the primary gun.

\\A)
bind <KEY> "vstr last_weapon;";
\\where last_weapon is a cmd string that is set everytime you switch weapons:
bind 5 "ut_weaptoggle primary; set last_weapon ut_weaptoggle primary;";
\\and so on...

\\B)
bind <KEY> "vstr reset_binds;";
set reset binds "vstr primary_binds"
\\where primary_binds is a cmd string that loads all your binds for a primary weapon.
[\code]

Note that option 2 needs further improvements, in case you have more than one set of binds for primary weapons.

You also might want to check out my UrT addon [url=http://iyeonline.weebly.com/iyes-urt-addon1.html]here[/url]
It has quite some functions like that, but you have to press the key of your weapon as you respawn (it will either load the scripts or toggle to that weapon and load the scripts)

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mygale Icon

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

realy thx men :p)

-option in the inventory menu enable/diseable :p)

-iyeonline.weebly.com and bind idea very usefull for me thx both :p)

i try do the suggestion for next release; additionnal init.cfg can be use for too: tell_attacker something funny, $gameitem losed (if case) and where for team ($location).

To be continued.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942