• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chapter One: It's all Sarah's fault. Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostTxc, on 30 November 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

BTW Uwe Bol is such a nice director :D .

Gah Uwe Boll is so crap >.< but i bet he would be the only one taking the job for a UrT film with no question.

I think UrT could make a good first person only movie, kinda like the beginning of Doom just good.

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#13 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 30 November 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Gah Uwe Boll is so crap >.< but i bet he would be the only one taking the job for a UrT film with no question.

I think UrT could make a good first person only movie, kinda like the beginning of Doom just good.

Nice example video . Thanks for sharing .

View PostBladeKiller, on 30 November 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

I started this theme several years ago before a lot of things that I talked about happened in the world. I wrote a little description of each character, also. Frankie took my snippet of an idea and fleshed it out. I love all of the chapters so far.

I am happy for you . All I am saying is that at least the first chapter is a liiiitttttlllleeee bit generic . Besides there will be no campaign .

View PostBladeKiller, on 30 November 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

BTW, Quake and Quake 2 had stories. id Software went cheap on Quake 3 and didn't bother with the story and only did multiplayer. I guess you define this cheapness as getting "serious". They lost sales as a result of their "seriousness".

My bad then . One shall always check the rumours . I heard quake none of the quakes has story . I know there are singleplayers , but thought they are just levels . Like in doom 1,2 & I heard specifically for doom id didn't want story , because it will not fit . Usually people associate quake with gameplay not story , so maybe it wasn't a very good story .

#14 User is offline   e-junkie Icon

• Account: ejunkie

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

never thought i'd ever read urt (sort of) fan fiction :tongue:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 06 December 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

Txc, haven't you heard of the Strogg? The enemies and cyborgs in Q2 were Strogg and they had invaded Earth. The heroes have to go to their planet to save Earth. This is where Q2 takes place. The Strogg tortured any humans they captured so you encounter this in game.
I know about Strogg after the release of Quake IV .

This was 15 years ago and with Q3 the story was pretty much left in the background which they were criticized for. They tried to revive it in Q4 but the single player game wasn't good enough.

Q2 is my first FPS.
My first fps doesn't sound very specific to me . For instance I have different cathegories of my first FPS : DooM : the first FPS I ever saw (I haven't watch much of it back then) . Duke Nukem 3D - the first I've ever played . I thought it DooM , & I didn't know how the game starts & also the title I haven't remember :) . It was also my first PC game & my first time I used PC at all . I played it 30 minutes . At some point I entered a building . BTW naturally after I shot several times I chose the bazooka to be my weapon of choice (of course) . I've killed some monsters & then I entered some small room (back then I didn't realise it is so small) . & I am looking at some blond bloke in front aiming at me with can you guess which gun ? Yes , it was bazooka :D . At the moment I didn't realised what happend ... My First FPS that showed me example that FPSes can be nice gameplaywise - half life (I haven't play it much & my conclusion is based on the many hours I watched others playing) . I have played hf multy maybe 4-5 times in my life . BTW My firstview opinion of Quake III is very negative , if you haven't try it , it looks like lame action ... & In the contrary to the hf's weapons quake III looks silly & I had the feeling they are placeholder weapons . BTW another funny thing I thought back then that hf comes after cs & it looked so logical (yes , I saw it first in the pc clubs , a bit after they started to play hf) . CS has such a bad graphics & gameplay & also you respawn unlike in cs where you wait for the other round . At some point they started to play hf a bit more & I saw trend where there was none . & I have just another example that people are dumb & worthless & scum ....

AvP 2 (first game maybe 2003-2004 ) - the first FPS that got me into FPSes (I don't like too much (I mean not at all) the first person perspective . AvP 2 kinda slightly changed my opinion) .(In 1-2 years I understood there is integrated cheat gun for the human & I was so disapointed :( ['' WHAT HAVE THEY THINKING ?!? THOSE ASSHOLES OF DEVELOPERS !@#$ THAT TOTAL IDIOTS !!! ''] , not that I have played it a lot , maybe 7-8 times in multy)Urban Terror ( late (Octomber/Novenber) 2007 - accidently when I was at my friend & she was playing it , so I tryed it . Then I didn't saw anything special in it , but I remembered the title . Few months after that in the (one the first days of August (from 1 to 8 , in that period was the day it started)) August 2008 , so I was bored & I was looking for something to play ... [good that I have played AvP 2 or I would overlook Urban Terror BTW]) - the first FPS & game revealing to me that I am especially good (at some very few moments the best player out there [or at least never saw anyone having better performance compared to my best moments of shooting , not even close]) at FPSes & video games at all . After some months some bugs (it is supposed to be a bug something limiting players' skills , eh ?) made the playing of Urban Terror a nightmare . One of which is such a pain in the ass & it is random . I can compare that feeling with being stabed with toothpick in the eye . Which was and the main reason to register in urbanterror.net ... There would be soon next release 4.2. , which would be ''THE BIG THING'' , but you know what happend & now will see what will happen after HD comes out (honestly , I am not very optimistic) ...

They used to tell you the story as the game was being installed. It used to take a long time back in 1999 so you had lots of time to read.
I played Quake 2 exactly once . You start directly in a room . One of the walls have a hole with sticking out (inside of the room) of it small ship (probably your vehicle?) I play till I reached some elevator & no story , no wall writings , no nothing (probably didn't know where to watch ?) . Didn't saw intro before the stage (not sure if the game was original version) . No cinematic/s until I reached that elevator . & there I stopped playing . It wasn't a pleasure for me to play it .... I dont'know if it is the graphics , fx (which purely aesthetically are nice) maybe animations , don't know what exactly , but something made me feel sick & I couldn't play it for long ... .

Doom has a story as well. It was about a base on Mars.

SO you are using wider definition of what is ''story '' . Following that logic there are absolutely no videogames without story ;) . Usually that amount of stroy like in DooM 1/2 is refered as setting .

They didn't develop it very well in the later games of Doom and the fans found the SP very repetitious with a monster in every closet waiting to jump out at you.

At least the players cannot whine there are too little monsters , they weren't so cheap after all :D . I am joking .

This post has been edited by Txc: 07 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

#17 User is offline   schnork Icon

• Account: schnork
  • Main tag: [exp]

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:35 AM

I just read chapter two.
It's not a bad write. But it is really hard to follow if you swap present and past tense all the time.
Please fix that.
You are pretty good at describing your surroundings and little details, but some of the typos and the inconstancy of tenses really stops the flow. At first I was wondering if you were using it to create a certain effect, which would have been interesting, but sadly in the end I figured you didn't :(
What I do like is how the different parts of the story start to connect in the end.
However while some of your ideas are actually quite cool like the situation you introduce Charles in(even though the being knocked out bit was a bit hairy, the overarching storyline/setting seems just a bit random, and should be more thought through. Also the different motivations of the characters seem unreasonable. While Sarah might have had a "tragic" life story, her hate and anger for the "government" seems too exaggerated for example.
But if you are motivated and wanna improve just keep rewriting their stories and get someone to proof read it before you publish.

Keep it up.

Regards,
Schnorki

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942