Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Radio menu Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hil4rious Icon

• Account: hil4rious

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

In older versions you could have the radio menu opened and still be able to strafe and look around with the mouse. This is not possible anymore. Now you are stopped once the menu is opened which is not as confortable so to say, especially because the game is so fast paced and stopping can be somewhat harmful for the gameplay. You can obviously make a bind for certain radio messages but not for all of them, so sometimes you need to open the menu. I think this issue started with the latest update (Added keycatcher for radio UI #3) and I do think it was a good idea to disable other commands while the menu is opened, however
disabling only commands bound to the keys 0-9 would be a better options since it wouldn't limit the movement while having the menu opened given that most players use WASD keys to move. Concerning the mouse movement, I can't figure any reason as to why you shouldn't be able to look around while the menu is opened.

TL;DR: Movement shouldn't be limited while the radio menu is opened as it can have an impact on the gameplay.

This post has been edited by hil4rious: 03 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

#2 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

F1 agree

This post has been edited by Dark-knight: 04 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#3 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, this is how I should have done it initially. It'll be like this for 4.2.022. Any actions bound to the number keys won't be executed while the radio menu is open, everything else will be unaffected

#4 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

You rock Clear! <3

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942