• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No auto-kick with reserved prefixes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   marti Icon

• Account: marti

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

I, I lately wanted to nick ".DEtime" (desert eagle time) and got auto-kicked :
Posted Image

Don't you think auto-kick for using a reserved prefix is a bit much ? You could do it a bit sweeter...

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

well. thats the current state. Basically i do like the idea of tag protection. Surely it should be discussed if some tags (there was a problem with "mr." and others before) shouldnt be allowed to be reserved (maybe weapons abbreviations should be added to that list).
But currently the whole system is a joke. I mean you can simply log OUT and use any tag you want.
To make that clear: i love that you can play UrT without an account, but why not restrict reserved clan tags to authed players that are members of the corresponding group??? (and yes, im aware that the system is a bit unfinished)

Anyway, back to topic, i agree that a direct kick is a bit harsh. its only a kick though. maybe a warning of any kind ( a UI popup maybe?) would be nice.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   marti Icon

• Account: marti

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostMr.Yeah, on 16 December 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but ".de" would qualify more as a suffix, right?

Even if the www format, extensions like .de are suffixes; here it does qualify as a prefix '.de' (prefix) + 'time' (word).

Anyway, I totally agree with Iye : I'm fine with having prefixes reserved for some teams, but seriously an auto-kick of the current game for switching...?

#5 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

Suffixes and more tag restrictions such as "tag must end by a ponctuation have been added on the go, not on the first day.
So the tags that are "suffix-like" but actually protected can't be protected anymore by clans in the current situation.
Though the teams who registered their tag before the restrictions have their suffix tag protected, but as a prefix.

Not sure if that was totally understandable :P

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942