Urban Terror Forums: A small list of critics about the gameplay... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A small list of critics about the gameplay... Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostKilbith, on 28 December 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Some assault rifles are disadvantaged compared to the G36 at middle-distance and overall, because they misses a sight scope. Thus, a sight scope should be optional and appliable to others rifles.

The other rifles have other advantages such as the amount of bullets they can shoot in the same time. For your information, the most used rifle is the LR300 which does not have any sight scoping, so I guess that disadvantage is more than offset.

The running bar is (too) fastly consummed, only few sprints and you're done for a boring round. The player should recuperate slowly his endurance.

This already how stamina works. It refills over time if you are not sprinting, jumping or crouching.

When another player is slightly front of you, and you're aiming like 30-50cm next to him, the crosshair remains red and you're shooting him. That's just illogic.

I think is more ping related than anything else? The hitbox is fairly accurate to the avatars you see.

The final score board displaying is too long.

The default time the scoreboard is displayed is 10 seconds. However, if every single player on the server has clicked, after 5 seconds (minimum time the scoreboard must be displayed), the game will continue to nextmap/second half, whatever is meant to follow.

#12 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostDriller, on 20 December 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

1 urt IS sliding, else you can better play any other game. Search youtube clips for... urban terror sliding sr8 or so....

That hapen when one read selective ...
But you have heard the key word ''slide'' & it can mean just one thing :X ...
& for your information even the slightest motion slides a lot & no that is not a short for '' powerslide '' . If you are not plaing just jumpmode preferably you might knew it (& if you are attempting to play properly) . Back in the day it was considered as a bug by some players who honestly care of the gameplay ...

View PostJRandomNoob, on 20 December 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

Its gameplay and features are the result of many years of polishing and quite exactly what the players and developers want.

One can assume Urban Terror is a perfect shooting game if is to judge only by your words . No bugs , no exploits . If you have played 2-3 months I guess it is OK to still have that opinion . Pretty strange why in a lot of situations it is actually survival of the least fittest ...

So what is the point of HD then if not gameplay change ? That some (a lot of) players will be left behind . It is another topic why they are so insolent & attept to run Urban Terror on a decades old machines
supposed to be recycled long time ago ...

I don't know about you , but I started playing Urban Terror for the gameplay ...

Realism, the strange concept that you have mentioned several times, is naught but a loyal servant to the main principle behind the gameplay that we like to call “fun”. Today’s UrT is intended to be fast and bright: you can run but you can’t hide. ...

Yes , you could hide if the maps were made with that in mind in first place ... I don't know too small doors , windows , door/window/wallframes which could be just painted & not part of the terrain & tripping bullshits etc ...

... And having to hold your breath to aim with a sniper rifle… well, this is the kind of game where a sniper can move faster than an Olympic sprinter, stop in a fraction of a second, shoot someone, and resume. SR8 has already been nerfed quite a bit from what it once was, going any further would truly make it useless. (And you will have plenty of time to lay down when you’re dead.) ...

Oh , that ''sharpshooting'' sniper SR-8 . It is for real intended for a fastmotion . Let's see run or you usually walk stop to zoom & aim . Stop , zoom , aim - anything sounding out of place , no ? HA ! Why you should stop in Urban Terror ?! Because you cannot shoot , no ? Few words for the ''fast paced targets '' - they are so fast paced that they are usually standing still or walking ... & why the first degree of zoom is inacurate if sr8 is designed
for shooting during you are in motion ? Let me answer to that one for I remembered one developer actually answered it (I know & who it was , shall I point out ?) back in the day .
Because some UrbanZone retards requested it & the unscoping effect was requested . Oh , yes , fastscoping is so easy & needs to be unscoped ... & there is such a point to have more than 1 degrees of zoom ... To be idiot standing 100/200 ... 1000 meters away standing still aiming 2 hours (or more) , now that is real skil , well done . So skillbased ...

& it is not a secret that a lot of ''good'' players & not a small part of the developers usually are not doing anything else but camping ...

Urban Terror in every existing version is a parody of itself as an idea (ah , really beautiful idea , I would add) . Or am I wrong ? I don't know someone must've been lied to me that Urban Terror is made primally as skillbased game & not personal preferences .

#13 User is offline   Kilbith Icon

• Account: kilbith

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostBiddle, on 28 December 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

For your information, the most used rifle is the LR300 which does not have any sight scoping, so I guess that disadvantage is more than offset.

The LR300 is indeed very accurate, but not seems more powerful than the AK101. It'd be useful to show the respective specs (damage, accuracy, fire rate, etc.) for each weapon.

I think is more ping related than anything else? The hitbox is fairly accurate to the avatars you see.

nope.avi :)

Whenever that situation is present, my crosshair remains red close next to the player. I think that the engine handles the player position larger in the air than its model itself.

This post has been edited by Kilbith: 29 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

#14 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

[*] The polar disparity of difficulties on popular servers (as far I can see). It's like choose between "hardcore/expert level" or "childish level" server.

That is something that I don't understand myself completely. I guess it's still the aftermath of the transition to 4.2 when the community split over some time and players dropped below 600. There the "mid-level" of servers died which brought the good players and new players together. (We at dswp basically believed to have had such a server running pretty well, the old wurst test ser(w)ver/ our TDM - as most don't know the name /anymore. You can see it in it as these servers never seemed to come back.) I guess as that is what I am also still interested in (meaning a mid-skilled server) you should search at Team Survivor and Bomb Mode. They seem to be some mid-skilled servers out there. As I don't and never really played CTF I can only say that I don't see the Simpsons-Only server(s) which I started out with. We recently set up such a server but the popularity of that is absent. From talking to players that play more TDM I was told the most popular ones are those without rules. Lots of spawnkilling/spawncamping basically no administration/moderation ingame and the typical kickvote against unusually good players (even if such a vote does not succeed there's usually one that calls it).

To TS/BOMB Servers:
Try:
BST| TS 4.2
[dswp] BOMB serwer <- This of course is the best :tongue:.
gXS' BOMB / DusT2 ' 4.2

There used to be an active Casatown long ago but that suffered the same fate as our TDM.

#15 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

[*] When another player is slightly front of you, and you're aiming like 30-50cm next to him, the crosshair remains red and you're shooting him. That's just illogic.

It just tells you when youre aiming near a teammate, you wont actually hit him if you dont aim at his hitbox.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   bullern96 Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: bullern96
  • Main tag: Vs*

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

[*] The damages are severes. That'd be good to have some "medical" items spread here and there on the maps for regain a bit of life. The cooperation/carefulness is not that always considered between players...

It's alwyas some players here and there to give you medic. Go in safty, press f5 and wait for medic, if no one gives you medic. Then your team is full of noobs. If the maps should have "medical" items around on the server, the game would be way to easy.

View PostKilbith, on 29 December 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

The LR300 is indeed very accurate, but not seems more powerful than the AK101. It'd be useful to show the respective specs (damage, accuracy, fire rate, etc.) for each weapon.

All weapons are slightly different but have the same strength.
UrT is love UrT is life!

#17 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

View Postbullern96, on 29 December 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

It's alwyas some players here and there to give you medic. Go in safty, press f5 and wait for medic, if no one gives you medic. Then your team is full of noobs. If the maps should have "medical" items around on the server, the game would be way to easy.

I might be wrong, but iirc, mappers can add healing spots if they want.

View PostKilbith, on 29 December 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

AK deals more damage but has a lower firing rate and is less accurate. That's why a big majority of the players prefer the LR/M4.

You can find details on hit locations, damage and more on the DSWP guide, it should be up to date:
http://www.dswp.de/o...s-and-equipment

#18 User is offline   Kilbith Icon

• Account: kilbith

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

Well, after a month played at UrT, I conclude that only the experts shooters / movers are welcome online... unless if there are those stupids bots.

I give up on that elitist game :(

This post has been edited by Kilbith: 18 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

#19 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostKilbith, on 18 January 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Well, after a month played at UrT, I conclude that only the experts shooters / movers are welcome online... unless if there are those stupids bots.

I give up on that elitist game :(

oh, come on... you got something mixed up here...

the game itself demands a certain amount of skill (shooting, jumping) but bascially every game offers a set of parameters you have to master in order to play the game or become good at it..
compared to other games urt might be tough to fall in love with but blaming the players online for not being welcoming enough sounds like a rather unfair accusation to me..
there are very few servers with "pro" (whatever that means) players online and they won't be there 24/7 ...
i personally think that, if you want to enjoy urt you will have to invest more time to become familiar with the game ..

keep on playing...

cheers,

karl
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#20 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

I rage on players that lack common sense, understanding the fault in these decisions has nothing to do with skill within the game and is more about how intelligent the player is in real life and it shouldn't require much intelligence.

Examples:
  • Smoking your own spawn

• Realizing that it is a fast paced game, yet attempt to go for the flag instead of defending (until you can move faster, you add more value to the team by defending/camping your own flag)

• Not dropping flag when a player with more health/stamina is around. Now this should be easier than ever as it is in the controls menu. However Urban Terror has always had a manual. I bet players that avoid reading the manual, drives cars without a license as well.

• Not giving medic

• Nading/HK without checking the minimap for players in the targeted area first.

These are some things that I kept in mind since my first time playing the game. With no prior experience with first person shooters or having watched a lot of tactical action/war movies.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942