• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Peaking Around Corners Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 January 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

Good heavens. You want to go back 14 years in tech and stay with Q3 animations? Wow. In one breath you say how real the new animations look that can be done in UE4 but you then say you want old, clunky 4.1 animations.

i think he distinguishes between movement and animations... since 4.1 is superior to 4.2 when it comes to movement.. so the blueprint for movement ought to be 4.1 rather than 4.2 ..

as for new movement features in ue4: i think it is save to assume people interested in having back the 4.1 freedom won't fight you on increasing the freedom of movement in ue4 even more..

or was it a subtle troll, blade? :)

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 05 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#12 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 05 January 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

i think he distinguishes between movement and animations... since 4.1 is superior to 4.2 when it comes to movement.. so the blueprint for movement ought to be 4.1 rather than 4.2 ..
Correct.

#13 User is offline   Fragtag Icon

• Account: fragtag

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

I've played this game long enough ( 11+ years) to see what kind of changes Frozen Sand are trying to do. Stop asking for 4.1 this and 4.1 that. The past is the past leave it alone. Good memories yes, but that is in the past so why keep trying to revert back to it? So much has been implemented into 4.2 to even go back to 4.1. You are the reason ( the community) that people in FS don't want to help anymore, you are a self - destructive community , your ideas are in path of reverting back to the old , so many people have said so much to the point that FS has had many people just give up on urban terror because of the " bad mouthing" they had received. So much hate from you guys on things they make, Frozen sand ARE people so treat them with some respect, because guess what the work they do , and the time they spend into this game we all love and enjoy is part of their free time; and above all else they take pride for what they do , talking to them in such a hate filled manner makes them not want to do what they do anymore. Sad but true fact: you guys made a main coder for FS quit, i hope your happy.

#14 User is offline   bullern96 Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: bullern96
  • Main tag: Vs*

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostFragtag, on 06 January 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

I've played this game long enough ( 11+ years) to see what kind of changes Frozen Sand are trying to do. Stop asking for 4.1 this and 4.1 that. The past is the past leave it alone. Good memories yes, but that is in the past so why keep trying to revert back to it? So much has been implemented into 4.2 to even go back to 4.1. You are the reason ( the community) that people in FS don't want to help anymore, you are a self - destructive community , your ideas are in path of reverting back to the old , so many people have said so much to the point that FS has had many people just give up on urban terror because of the " bad mouthing" they had received. So much hate from you guys on things they make, Frozen sand ARE people so treat them with some respect, because guess what the work they do , and the time they spend into this game we all love and enjoy is part of their free time; and above all else they take pride for what they do , talking to them in such a hate filled manner makes them not want to do what they do anymore. Sad but true fact: you guys made a main coder for FS quit, i hope your happy.

Barbatos said: Our main focus for HD is to try replicating UrT 4.x physics and feelings, so the top priorities of the upcoming months are the walljumps, powerslides, stamina and so on.

Replicating is in other words "Make an exact copy of 4.x"

I think you overreacting a bit here. "You are the reason that people in fs don't want to help anymore. "You guys made a main coder for FS quit"

Don't forget that this community is trying to help alot with posting ideas, feedback and bug reports. Think a little about on what barbatos said "Our main focus is to try replicating urt 4.x" This x could be 1 for all we know. Which would mean that their goal is to replicating 4.1 physics and feelings.

If we all loved the movements and so on in 4.1 i think frozensand should take that in notice and try to get back to that combined with new mechanics, animations and features for HD.

As long as i can play urbanterror id be more than happy. :)
UrT is love UrT is life!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

I actually like the idea of peaking around corners, and I'm not usually one to welcome new gameplay mechanics.
as long as it's not the equivalent of a vertical head glitch, and just a slight lean, then its ok.

Edit: also, I have stated in the past that the physics were different, (like not being able to sprintjump as many times as you could in 4.1). I even made a thread, but I couldn't proved proof and I was thus overlooked.
So yes, it would be nice to get the overall original 'feeling' from 4.1 back.

Edit: Edit:

View PostBladeKiller, on 06 January 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

It was not our intent to change the physics from 4.1 but fixing a bug in one area often has ramifications that are unexpected. The trouble is it is very hard to isolate the exact bit of code that is affecting this.

I am actually very happy that you acknowledged there is a problem. That is the first step to fixing something.
Cheers.

This post has been edited by Dark-knight: 07 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#17 User is offline   klabauterman Icon

• Account: klabauterman
  • Main tag: aI|

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Peaking? Yeah, why not.

Totally OT:

View PostDark-knight, on 07 January 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

... not being able to sprintjump as many times as you could in 4.1 ...

That is not true. You never provided any demo nor backed up your claim to be able to jump 18 times in 4.1.

It seems to me that they never got to the bottom of what caused that initally higher stamina drain which does NOT affect overall stamina but makes it impossible to sprintjump twice when your health is VERY low.

#18 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

The amount of jump you can do with the given stamina (which is the same) is exactly identical to 4.1.
Several jumpers checked out several timed from uj and confirmed thoroughly.

Though, the point klabauterman is mentioning is totally true, the 2 differences in movement that are at the moment confirmed are the initial stamina drain (which does not affect the overall capacities) and the speed gaining from falling or sliding downwards.

We could have a look at considering some fixes for these issues, but as we already mentioned, it is hard to identify which part of the code changes what, when talking about movement. And, when modifying one thing, we always fear of bringing up some other bugs, and this, especially when we're talking about movement which is one of UrT most important specificity. But who knows, we might get a coder motivated to give it a look...

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942