Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror 4.2.023 Release and the end of 4.2! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.2.023 Release and the end of 4.2! Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

Suggestions about the updater can be posted there, or directly messaged to the coders. Your idea is interesting though.

#22 User is offline   OlGood Icon

• Account: olgood

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Should I post it over there then, or is it ok for this one?

#23 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:28 AM

It should be ok ;)

#24 User is offline   squirt Icon

• Account: squirt

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostDengad, on 20 January 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

And for the sake of this cost to release a new version ? It seems you finally want to kill urban terror.

I appreciate all updates and releases no matter how big or how small!

Thanks for your dedication and hardwork, FS!!!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   SailorMo-n Icon

•   league admin   
  • Account: sailormon
  • Main tag: sC`

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostBiddle, on 23 January 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

4.3 should be needing a full download as we are going to be using a new version of the Updater too.
Against all odds, the 4.3 version will certainly be actually lighter than the latest 4.2 versions.

Why not offer the option of a full 4.3 download via the 4.2 updater, and just show a message at the end (if that's doable) with something like you have to launch the executable file next time, and everything except the new directory can be deleted if you don't need 4.2 anymore?
Caco, ergo sum!

#27 User is offline   stevansky Icon

• Account: stevansky

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for the info. The reason I asked about update vs. full download is what I ran into last time a full update was required. A full update means no maps, or very few. After the last full download I moved the maps I had downloaded previously into the new folder......I thought. So I foolishly deleted the old files only to find that few if any of the maps actually made it. I'm really leery of downloading maps in game from servers I don't know, and I haven't had a whole lot of luck downloading them from other sites and adding them either. Many times I've gone to the sites recommended here and downloaded a map only to have the server I'm trying to play on tell me I STILL have to download their map, even though the names are identical.

Does anyone have a list of game servers that are safe to download maps from? Also a suggestion for some future project...maybe someone could put together a file of the most popular maps for us to download to our game after we install it? Thanks!

#28 User is offline   Dengad Icon

• Account: dengad

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:51 PM

You have a problem with spawn bots , code bots too often separative server info and more . I'd like to work on the qvm code , I'm sure you know my servers and my work +program convertirla cards from q3 to urt , the game needs to evolve for the better and not in the direction of the bug . ) If possible with whom I can negotiate the terms ??? my nickname -=GAD=- , experience programarea not large but have a lot of ideas and I I like it .I think many communities will not mind .

P.S. sorry for my English I use a translator , I'm from Belarus .

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942