Urban Terror Forums: [Feature Request] Combo medals and a well designed match ending screen - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Feature Request] Combo medals and a well designed match ending screen

#1 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hey guys.

So I saw Frankie's post about the announcer voice things and that made me realize that most of the things suggested like "Killing Spree" or "Combo Breaker" etc are great but they need a medal or award system to go along with it.

In past games like in Halo, or CoD or Battlefront, There are specific medals that you can earn and some games have a well designed end of match screen which shows what medals you have earned, who your nemesis was, list your KD ratio, and maybe even show some stats from previous matches etc.

I think that UrT HD could really benefit from something like this being implemented. Im not sure what the current goal is for an end game stats screen, But Here is a list of things that I personally would like to see at the end of a game:

- Any medals/achievements I got that match
- Kills
- Assists
- Deaths
- Headshot Count
- My weapon of choice
- How many kills I got with each weapon
- How many shots I fired
- How many shots hit the target
- Who I killed the most times
- Who Killed me the most times
- My KDR
- My KDR in previous matches

For special game modes:

- Number of flags captured
- Number of objectives taken
- My personal Jump Time Records for that map
- Bombs Planted
- Jump Objectives achieved.

I would also like the ability to click on a teammate's name or opponents name and see the same stats for that player.

It would also be nice to have a "Stats" Screen available from the Main Menu out of game which shows similar information. Like for jumping I could Pick a map and see all the objectives I have gotten and my best timed runs, or I could choose another game mode and it would show my average KDR and number of each medal I have won etc.

I really enjoy hunting down and getting achievements and this would be a nice way of displaying them as well as helping me keep track of my gameplay.

#2 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

I really like this type of info in games, so you have my upvote! :D
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

actually even current versions of the game collect most, if not all of this information. (ik that this is a request/suggestiin for HD). It only collects if for the current match though. (due to "limitations" within the current engine)

a (huge, though not critical, never the less important) problem I see here that your stats would either have to be saved on your local machine, or on a FS server, linked to your account.
this leads to the point if you want to "force" players to have an account. and UrT not requiring an account is one of the things I really like. you can just copy and play, and you have everything availible to you, without unlocks and so on.
anyway, thats more of a sidenote, or the question, of how to setup this system.

. btt: I would love to see such a system added. :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

I agree too, it's a good idea...but the config is the problem, because needed a new data base than can connect with the user profile in the web site, for can see the specific statistics, needed add a new menu in the UrT where you can see the list of the player and when you select the player, it show the list of statistics. Maybe add a ranking of the for the differents things, example a ranking of - Headshot Count, where you can see it on the website. But the access can be only for the players registered, if no when he go to consult the statistics in the menu, print a message than say, "you must be registered in our web site"...it's a little part of if think for can make that idea of Kronik. ;)

#5 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

i dont want to have an overall K/D.
This was a feature on some servers, people kept checking their k/d and didnt play to have fun anymore. Because it hurts your K/D to run around trying to knife people etc.

I would prefer just traking kills.

#6 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

View PostYAY5637, on 28 January 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

i dont want to have an overall K/D.
This was a feature on some servers, people kept checking their k/d and didnt play to have fun anymore. Because it hurts your K/D to run around trying to knife people etc.

I would prefer just traking kills.

yeah and make knife/boot kills etc. give you style points.

This post has been edited by SilverFoxZ: 28 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#8 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

Players often get obsessive of their K/D and end up focusing too much on it. Of course it is good to strive to get better averages but it gets to the point where they almost spend more time looking at the scoreboard than actually playing the game.

I would like if UrT just had points. No stat for kills, no stat for deaths (at least not in game).
Also points could encourage good habits.

• Kill = 1 point
  • Death by enemy = -1 point
  • Death by teammate = nothing (Currently we get punished for being tkd and it's stupid)
  • Lemming = -2 point
  • Team kill = -2 point
  • Assist = 1 point
  • Healing teammate to 90hp = 1 point
  • Assist capture (dropping flag to team and they cap) = 5 point

Also a crown icon in the scoreboard next to the most valuable player (I don't know how the game will figure this out). Being on the top of the scoreboard or getting the best defender or most flag captured award at the end of the round, sometimes doesn't indicate that you were the most valuable player.

You can rank low on the scoreboard and get no awards at the end of the round, yet be the key reason your team won.

#9 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 28 January 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

A stats engine has been on our wish list for a loooong time. If we are able to accomplish all of our plans for HD you are going to want to be registered to get things like this and more.

just to clarify: i surely would register an account HD, but even more i would like to see it being possible to play without and account [b]with no tradeoffs[\b] (not counting in global stat tracking here)
i think the availibility of all items to all players at any time is one of UrTs greatest features. (though unlockable weapon skins are a pretty sweet feature, but they arent 'gameplay changing')

but im getting a little OT here
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#10 User is offline   Trifle Icon

• Account: trifle

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

"Oh look, CoD has this so I want in URT as well!"
The idea sounds good but, it is actually already in the game.
If you play in a server with b3, it will tell you the stats.
Most HS Award: ...
Most HE Kills: ...
Most Knife Kills: ...
Most Buttkills: ...
Although, I do agree that it would be better if it was better
displayed and not just in the chat.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942