Urban Terror Forums: [Feature Request] Combo medals and a well designed match ending screen - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Feature Request] Combo medals and a well designed match ending screen

#11 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostFredrik, on 29 January 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

• Kill = 1 point
  • Death by enemy = -1 point
  • Death by teammate = nothing (Currently we get punished for being tkd and it's stupid)
  • Lemming = -2 point
  • Team kill = -2 point
  • Assist = 1 point
  • Healing teammate to 90hp = 1 point
  • Assist capture (dropping flag to team and they cap) = 5 point

god, NO!

a kill is a kill is a kill. (full stop)

please, do not change to an xp-based system. the game is about getting frags and it demands a certain gameplay and sometimes you're just out of luck. (that's life)

i do like the idea though to list assists, etc.

nothing (xp or whatever) should be tied to those stats though. please, don't reward people for failing.
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#12 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 05 February 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

god, NO!

a kill is a kill is a kill. (full stop)

please, do not change to an xp-based system. the game is about getting frags and it demands a certain gameplay and sometimes you're just out of luck. (that's life)

i do like the idea though to list assists, etc.

nothing (xp or whatever) should be tied to those stats though. please, don't reward people for failing.

Maybe you misunderstood, this has nothing to do with xp. I suggested that a point system like how it is for CTF is used for all game modes and that deaths/kills is scratched from the scoreboard (it can still be displayed somewhere else).

Failing won't be rewarded, it be more punishing than what it currently is. Team killing and lemming = -2 points compared to -1 death as it is now.

#7 encourage medding.

#8 encourage dropping the flag (every decent player knows how important this can be).
One of the reasons a player decide not to drop the flag to a teammate that is in a far better position to capture is:

They are egotistical and want the 15 points (imo this is prolly the second biggest reason, the biggest being they don't know how to).

All they care about is getting those 15 points (the 10 global points is not enough for them). Basic psychology, if dropping the flag will increase their chances of getting 15 points, they will of course do so and in the end it works out better for the team.

#13 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

View PostFredrik, on 06 February 2015 - 06:45 AM, said:

Maybe you misunderstood, this has nothing to do with xp. I suggested that a point system like how it is for CTF is used for all game modes and that deaths/kills is scratched from the scoreboard (it can still be displayed somewhere else).

Failing won't be rewarded, it be more punishing than what it currently is. Team killing and lemming = -2 points compared to -1 death as it is now.

#7 encourage medding.

#8 encourage dropping the flag (every decent player knows how important this can be).
One of the reasons a player decide not to drop the flag to a teammate that is in a far better position to capture is:

They are egotistical and want the 15 points (imo this is prolly the second biggest reason, the biggest being they don't know how to).

All they care about is getting those 15 points (the 10 global points is not enough for them). Basic psychology, if dropping the flag will increase their chances of getting 15 points, they will of course do so and in the end it works out better for the team.

it does not matter what you call it: points or experience points ..

the part in brackets is interesting since it deviates from your initial idea.

i am with you on this: display everything you did without hiding it behind a points/ xp system.

i'd prefer simple statistics: display kills, flag caps, saves, healed teammates, etc. separately instead of making the whole thing even more intransparent by awarding points.

btw. i hate the way the way ctf works mixing kills with flag caps.

if you imagine urt having global statistics and global rank lists then you won't be able to heal your way up to the top by healing every damn player you can get your hands on :)

you might just be the best medic there is but you won't be the guy with the most kills, xp on the other hand would create a big blur.

i really don't see the need for a new currency since every sane person can tell the difference between e.g. healed teammates or killed enemies.

this whole discussion revolves around the definition of "the best player". . .

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 06 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#15 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:47 AM

I would like to have the points displayed in hundreds so you can give points for damage done, making it the fairest point system there is. :>

(so 100 points per kill and 1 point for 1 hp damage)
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#18 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 06 February 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

i'd prefer simple statistics: display kills, flag caps, saves, healed teammates, etc. separately instead of making the whole thing even more intransparent by awarding points.

btw. i hate the way the way ctf works mixing kills with flag caps.

It doesn't matter that much how the stats are displayed. Was mainly trying to suggest a way to get players to contribute to the team more, like medding and dropping the flag.

If players start doing that more, the atmosphere in CTF will improve dramatically.

View PostFrankie V, on 07 February 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

It's a slippery slop as rewards could shape game play behavior in a manner in which a player would not behave as part of the over all idea of helping the team win the match

So design it so that the best way to get points is by helping the team win the match. Easier said than done?

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 07 February 2015 - 02:47 AM, said:

I would like to have the points displayed in hundreds so you can give points for damage done, making it the fairest point system there is. :>

(so 100 points per kill and 1 point for 1 hp damage)

I like this. Remember you suggesting it before.

#20 User is offline   badname1 Icon

• Account: badname1

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

No for the new scoring system or medals. Yay for the statistics that Frankie suggested.

This post has been edited by badname1: 08 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942