Urban Terror Forums: KroniK's Ultimate Urban Terror Config - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

KroniK's Ultimate Urban Terror Config Rate Topic: -----

The Config To End All Configs

#1 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

So About 4 years ago, in the wTf Forums, RexGoodthings posted an elaborate config file with scrolling menus and all sorts of cool features.

I grabbed onto it and have been using it and tweaking it ever since. So I decided that I should share it with everyone here. I have spent about 20 hours going through and fixing bugs and making it the best all around config, and then creating a HUGE readme file which will not only help you install and use it, but modify it to fit your personal style.

If you are skeptical, I would suggest you just download it and give it a try. Some of the features like the Jump Keys or the Steady Mouse are super helpful in game.

One big note, it is currently set up for ESDF players. I personally LOVE the ESDF method and personally think it is the best way to go. If you don't like it, I wont judge but you will have to re-bind the keys in the bindsMain.cfg to whatever fits your liking.

I posted it on my personal GitHub here: https://github.com/K...TUltimateConfig

Let me know what you think. It is Amazingly Elaborate and includes so many cool features, its honestly hard to describe without having you just try it. I would do a demo video but I dont have fraps or anything to record what the screen looks like for the scrolling menus and stuff.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy,

KroniK

#2 User is offline   SailorMo-n Icon

•   league admin   
  • Account: sailormon
  • Main tag: sC`

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Thanks, sounds interesting :)
Caco, ergo sum!

#3 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

THANKS BUT IT DOESNT WORK

I put it in my q3 cant walk forward im stuck tried rebind the movement keys in the cfg's nothing.

#4 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:39 AM

can you pls check this kronik ?

#5 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

Ok so you copied both the autoexec.cfg as well as the cfg folder into your q3ut4 folder?

Also, this is set up for ESDF players. Meaning that E is forward S is left D is back and F is right.

If you look in the cfg folder and open the file called "bindsMain.cfg" You should see a bunch of lines which start with: bind a "sprint" or something like that. Just change the single letter to re bind the key and then re-start urban terror to make the changes take effect.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostKroniK, on 09 February 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Ok so you copied both the autoexec.cfg as well as the cfg folder into your q3ut4 folder?

Also, this is set up for ESDF players. Meaning that E is forward S is left D is back and F is right.

If you look in the cfg folder and open the file called "bindsMain.cfg" You should see a bunch of lines which start with: bind a "sprint" or something like that. Just change the single letter to re bind the key and then re-start urban terror to make the changes take effect.

my problem is i did that and when i start urt nothing works only mouse and tilde if i go to controls everything has a ? behind it i have re installed my urt now so perhaps you should check dl a fresh install then copy everything to the q3ut4 folder

#7 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

View Postkillspree, on 09 February 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

my problem is i did that and when i start urt nothing works only mouse and tilde if i go to controls everything has a ? behind it i have re installed my urt now so perhaps you should check dl a fresh install then copy everything to the q3ut4 folder

Found the issue, I had renamed a file and forgot to change the name where it was referenced in another file. I updated the github, so try downloading it again. It should work fine now.

#8 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

good job is the cfg file safe to use with rcon password?

#9 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

View Postkillspree, on 09 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

good job is the cfg file safe to use with rcon password?

Sure. It stores it in plain text but so does the server... Rcon is not secure by nature. There is no encryption or other protocol involved, it literally just matches plain text. So altogether, no its not very secure but neither is anyone else's way of storing and using their rcon password.

#10 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

View PostKroniK, on 10 February 2015 - 05:12 AM, said:

Sure. It stores it in plain text but so does the server... Rcon is not secure by nature. There is no encryption or other protocol involved, it literally just matches plain text. So altogether, no its not very secure but neither is anyone else's way of storing and using their rcon password.

Just plain old typing and b3 for me:D

how do i make a new mode (if its not already in there)

for map making

with toggle r_speeds and such

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942