Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT HD's standard maps

#1 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

Lately I've been wondering myself which maps will be included within your UrT HD download. Are we going to see the same maps again as in UrT 4.* or are we going to see a bunch of new maps?

As a non-FS member I can only give suggestion about what I would like to see improved in the UrT HD's standard maps package.

1. Get rid of (snoppis, )dressingroom and firingrange.
2. A nice amount of maps categorized by gametype and amount of players.
3. So at least one or more maps what is perfect for suited for a specific gameplay for example JUMP mode.
4. Will FS decide/make the whole package or will it also include maps from 3rd party map makers what were highly recommended by the community, like orbital.

I think that the community should've more impact on this "package". Because: these maps have an extra value, they're played by everyone who plays the game quiet often, you can almost vote them on every server and these are the first few maps you will "have a look at" when you're playing the game for the first time. I think a competition with maps based on these requirements will do right, don't you think?
~ Cheers

xF.

#4 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 06 April 2015 - 01:10 AM, said:

Lets do a contests right now directed at our Jumping community.

In all things map wise there is always whats consider the best so if the Jump community wants to run a contest as in whats the best and vote on whats submitted as to worthy of Urban Terror HD as prize, and a side project, I'll convert it over to a UE4-RC and return the full source including the playable UrT-HD version.

Conditions as follow.

I'll need the source .map file (note I'll only convert brushes and map objects is up to the mapper to handle afterward)
I'll need all of the textures necessary to maintain the material connection.
This is a one shot deal so chose wisely.
At least one brush in the map needs to be 72X24X24 units and tagged “player”

Let the fun begin...maybe. ;)

Note: This is a personal offer and not related to FS in any way and complete ownership of the prize sticks with the winner and is free to do with it as they please.

Wanted to personally thank you for doing this! This will help out the jump mapping community a great deal!

For those who wish to vote on which jump map Frankie will be converting, please follow the following link over to the UrTJumpers forum: http://www.urtjumper...pic.php?id=2535

#5 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

Hi FrankieV, about you going doing a showcase for the jumping community....
Can we propose maps with icy floors/platforms?
Maps with launchers?
Maps which makes use of the complete stamina?
/
And crouching has some features too
- Double grab technic
- When grab is to high, you grab+jump to pass.
- When you raise yourself high up, you get in crouch mode, then you jump off so you land on higher level then on the normal way

Those features you might find in the proposed map, if there is something you dont cant/wanna do or wanna spend time on it at this moment, then we can choose a better fitting map for you!

This post has been edited by Driller: 08 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

All right Frankie, then when its sofar Kronik will give you the map!
Thanx

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942