• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Post your cool stuff ideas here.

#81 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:47 PM

View PostIye, on 27 January 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Ever tried cg_radioPos "1"? Enables directional radio comms, so that the radio sound roughly comes from the direction the caller is in. its amazing. :)

Related to that, I think some non radio voice communication would be cool. You'd only hear it within a small range but all players on both teams in that area would hear it.

#82 User is offline   Vladocs Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: vladocs

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Yea, like insurgency. You can hear only if ur 10 feet or closer

#83 User is offline   SubZ Icon

• Account: subz
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

What about a ranked mode similar to ranked in CS: GO? Queue with 1-5 players, choose your map and off you go. For rules and game settings, I would like to be TS Urban Zone settings since it's tried and tested

#84 User is offline   bubbleboy Icon

• Account: bubbleboy
  • Main tag:

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Here's a simple idea maybe it's been suggested before. Change the scoring for TS so you get points for the number of players alive on your team when the round ends instead of just 1 for win and 0 for loss/draw. Not sure it affects the way the game is played at all other than if you're in a 1v5 you actually have a reason to keep trying but maybe it could make things more interesting.

This post has been edited by bubbleboy: 03 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

MAKU

#85 User is offline   NitruS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitrus

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

Hello everyone,
small ideas that could add fun to the gameplay:

- Explode the nades with a pistol shot

- Boot kick possible with all weapons

- Key/bind to make a boot kick (charge)

- Sliding crouch with Boot kick -> sliding tackle

- Molotov cocktail or incendiary grenade

- Keep the physics funny as when you die on a nade and you fly to the other side of the level

- A little more blood or dismemberment

- Create a "tutorial" level for new players (and old ones) to learn the basics of the game: movements, jumps, medic, weapons, game modes ...

P.S.: sorry for my English (web translation)
cordially
Nitram

This post has been edited by NitruS: 25 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#87 User is offline   l3mming Icon

• Account: l3mming

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:59 AM

- possibility for medics (or add a specific new item) to revive a fallen teammate, but make it take some time (like 5-10 secs) and only allow a revive on a player say once, this way new players aren't instantly punished for not realizing the sr8 pro was where they always are

- at the end of the round, a lot of stats can be found in the menu, but put something on the scoreboard, like accuracy, best weapon, amount of headshots etc. Make players feel good about themselves if they see how good they did

- change the stamina a bit, currently it runs out just a bit too quickly for my liking and this makes a nice rush a lot more difficuly compared to 'the old days' (yes, I'm getting old)

- add some mode to have more than 2 teams playing, like 4 squads of 2 or 3 players to mix things up a bit (this requires adapted maps I guess) and see if allowing to pickup a second primary weapon from a fallen enemy works, it used to be possible in 2.x somewhere and having an m4 + SR8 really was bad-ass, but don't allow teammates giving their primary as a second primary to their pro teammate or it will get imbalanced fro the get go

#88 User is offline   logic Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: logic

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

Hey, I'm a little late but I think I've got some cool ideas.

Firstly, thanks for your work. I know that working during your free time and all of this for free is just amazing. I'll do my best to write with a proper English and suggest some things that could be improved (in my opinion)in and out of the game.

1 : Update your website.
I've been playing, with some breaks, since 2010. I saw the game trying to evolve (sometimes well, sometimes badly) but I've never seen your website evolve. As far as I can remember urtinfo was already like this 8 years ago. I know what you're going to say "We don't have the time for this or it's going to cost money", hell yeah but hire someone to work on a website for 1 month or 2 maybe is not going to cost very much is it ? And in the most extreme case, finding someone from the community who would be ready to do this seems to me possible.

For me, it's also a simple way to attract more players to the game and to the website.

2 : URT HD in several languages.
It seems important to me to be able to play the game in the language that we want. We have amazing communities around the world, I mean, I'm pretty sure we can find volunteer translators through the different communities (and also being able to write in his language in the game for example: Russian, Chinese, ... even if it represents only a small part of players).

3 : Clan system & global chat.
I read something about a clan system and I think that it's a great idea. To be able to see who plays for this team, to be proud to belong to a clan and more could be really cool.

Concerning the global chat, I mean, well, we have IRC, teamspeak, discord, ... but new players need to talk each other, meet people, make contacts. They are not necessarily aware of how everything works. The sooner they make contacts in game, the longer they will stay as they won't be playing alone anymore.

3,5 : Friends list & private messages. (I guess it'll be added with steam)
I WANT THAT. Add someone during a game, to be able to see who is online, who's playing (and where), his stats, have the opportunity to join his friend on a server, watch him play (without delay during a simple pcw but with delay if we have a ranked system), to be able to communicate with him as easily as possible.

4: Achievements. (I guess it'll be added with steam)
It does not take much but something like on your profil "finalist NC 2018" or "Urban zone winner season 1540". It's still recognition but that would be fantastic to see a player's career

5 : Character customization.
I'm for character customization but in small aspects only like personnalised armband, kevlar, maybe weapons and why not some badges. But for me, it must remain uncommon. I don't know if URT HD are going on this way with weapons skins and more, it can be amazing. People like this.

A system of case opening will be profitable for FS, do you think about it ? (although it is not the priority)

6 : HE & smoke.
Well, there is a big point here : SMOKE. I guess with UE4 it will be good because for now we can see the shadows through and they are completly usless.

For the HE, it might be interesting to have the opportunity with the right click to drop the grenade at his feet (like in CS:GO).

7 : Fully adjustable interface.
Have the possibility to make your own interface.

8 : Game menu.
Big point here again. We need a menu with news, advertisements and promotions for the various events. People have to see that URT HD is alive, that there are organized tournaments and more. it can only add enthusiasm to a lambda/new player. They need to be aware !

9 : Q3config.
At the moment, when you start the game you just installed, what happens ? Well, you find yourself on a screen with big weapon, net graph, fov 90 and many more.. Nowadays, when you start a game, it's directly playable. We don't need to discourage new players.

10 : New demo system & video recording.
A simpler system for recording demos and watching demos. But I guess it will be much better with the new version of the game. Everyone should be able to record an action and share it on youtube, for example.

11 : Ranking system.
V2, v3, v5, v5 as a team in different modes. Imagine I'm a new player, this is the easiest way to play competitive games.

12 : Weapons damage.
For each weapon precise details of the damage depending on the different parts of the body hit.

13 : BOMB MODE.
A defined area where we can plant the bomb will be so cool and useful. See where I can plant according to the opposing team & more.
Secondly, I don't like the idea of planting during a slide. I mean, okay, that's quite fun but with larger areas to plant (and bounded), I don't think this really useful.

14 : Sreamer tab.
To be able to connect his account to twitch and stream it easily.

15 : Boot.
Please, no more boot with pistol and grenades. How many times does it not happen in the spawn.. You want to rush and launch a nade during your action but in the meantime you booted 2 teammates, it's very frustrating and it ruins the gameplay. Of course, it's fun but only with knife !

16 : Settings system easy and convenient.
The console is nice, you're right but as a new player I won't understant much about this. Every new player should be able to correctly adjust their game as he wants in a few minutes and play.

17 : In-game statistics.
Know the statistics of your last game or your own statistics according to the maps or with the different weapons you use would be amazing.

18 : A better server management system.
Everyone should be able to manage their server easily and correctly.

19 : SR8
I think a lot of people know it, I'm a SR8 player. I also think that everyone knows that URT is one of the fastest FPS games.
So why is it so hard to play ? I mean, I will argue :
- One of the only FPS where you can't one shot when you hit. Comparing CS:GO for example, sometimes you hit and it doesn't kill but the opponent is really low life ! You're in 1v1 situation, you decide to play with your sniper, you hit but only 50hp (arm for example), you die. Why ? Because, you need to reload your bullet and then switch, it's clearly a disadvantage. Even if you hit him in the legs, he can still slide (if he was in full rush) and pewpew. So, why not improve his damage a little bit ?
- Second thing : When you're hit with a damage of more than 20HP, this causes a zoomreset but ONLY with the SR8. You can play PSG1/FRF1/G36 and take a lot of damage and always be aiming. Again, I never saw a FPS when you hit the sniper it stops him from aiming. In addition the maps are small, good players know where prefire. Once again, you start to aim, you get hit so zoom reset, then u have to switch.. What a disadvantage again. A solution for me would be taht only HS reset the zoom of the SR8.
- Thirdly, you have to reload a bullet after firing. I mean, you have to, there is no solution. It's again a disadvantage, you made a kill, you decide to rush but either you have to wait for recharging and then rush or you take the risk to rush and switch as fast as possible (hoping that no one is there, aiming at u).
- Fourthly, there is no flash scoop and unscoop. Flash scope on URT is clearly possible but you've to move so fast your crosshair (to prevent it from going anywhere). I am not for the yolo unscoop but the flashscoop would make the sniper gameplay much more interesting and attractive.

To summarize, I think playing sniper is clearly disadvantageous but I'm not for something like in COD "jump 720 noscoop yolo" or "5kills in a row unscoop yolo". Find something to lessen the difficulty would be amazing and that would add interesting gameplay.

It's understood that all these points are from a personal point of view

This post has been edited by hatersgonnahateme: 22 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

#89 User is offline   Spiki Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: spiki
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hey man, I've seen you in the game many times and it is obvious you took time to write all these things, so I'll try to answer few of these points

View Posthatersgonnahateme, on 20 February 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

1 : Update your website.
... hire someone to work on a website for 1 month or 2 maybe is not going to cost very much is it ? And in the most extreme case, finding someone from the community who would be ready to do this seems to me possible.

IMO, this site is nearly perfect.
FS is not for profit company and I would assume they do not have funds to spend on web design.
So community help in that area is not extreme case, it is the only possible case. And they've done it.
These guys working on UrT came from it's community.
At the end, what exactly do you think is missing or needed to be changed on this site?

2 : URT HD in several languages.
It seems important to me to be able to play the game in the language that we want. We have amazing communities around the world, I mean, I'm pretty sure we can find volunteer translators through the different communities (and also being able to write in his language in the game for example: Russian, Chinese, ... even if it represents only a small part of players).

I would assume translation of the interface should be doable with the "new" UI improvements.
As for chat, I agree, it would be cool if I could write in Cyrillic script :)

> 3 : Clan system & global chat.
Everything you mentioned in this point is already existing.

> 3,5 : Friends list & private messages. (I guess it'll be added with steam)

Yea. When there is release on steam all that will be available.
Creating similar system in 4.x is not worth spending time and effort.

> 4: Achievements. (I guess it'll be added with steam) It does not take much but something like on your profil "finalist NC 2018" or "Urban zone winner season 1540". It's still recognition but that would be fantastic to see a player's career

I doubt those achievements in steam are able to integrate independent league stuff. Haven't seen it on other games either in the way that you describe it.

> 5 : Character customization.
> I'm for character customization but in small aspects only like personnalised armband, kevlar, maybe weapons and why not some badges.
> But for me, it must remain uncommon. I don't know if URT HD are going on this way with weapons skins and more, it can be amazing. People like this.

IDK anything about that. Someone from the FS team should be able to answer more about their plans.

> 6 : HE & smoke.
> Well, there is a big point here : SMOKE. I guess with UE4 it will be good because for now we can see the shadows through and they are completly usless.
> For the HE, it might be interesting to have the opportunity with the right click to drop the grenade at his feet (like in CS:GO).

Smoke is not completely useless but... On many public servers they are disabled, too many of them thrown make the game dull.
In competitive mode it is used very seldom. This is fast paced game after all...
Also, in past, some were using different clients, or tweaking settings in the game or settings on the graphics drivers to see trough smoke.

> 7 : Fully adjustable interface. Have the possibility to make your own interface.
&
> 8 : Game menu.

> Big point here again. We need a menu with news, advertisements and promotions for the various events.
> People have to see that URT HD is alive, that there are organized tournaments and more. it can only add enthusiasm to a lambda/new player. They need to be aware !

There was some work done on this in the past.
But it didn't get it's way into the official client.
I know some guys were/are working on this.

> 9 : Q3config. At the moment, when you start the game you just installed, what happens ? Well, you find yourself on a screen with big weapon, net graph, fov 90 and many more..
Nowadays, when you start a game, it's directly playable. We don't need to discourage new players.
IDK what you are suggesting here.
Are you referring to the fact that some other games have better starting resolution? Most new games default with fov 60-85.
Also, I doubt that anyone has the default config done in such a way just to piss off new players on purpose :)

> 10 : New demo system & video recording.
> A simpler system for recording demos and watching demos. But I guess it will be much better with the new version of the game. Everyone should be able to record an action and share it on youtube, for example.

What is wrong with current system? How would you make it better?
It has function button F12 to start demo. Setting in UI to automatically start demos, only start them in match mode (and autorecord on reconnect), or none.
Demo => video takes a lot of processing power, can be tweaked immensely etc.
What game does automatic conversion from demo to video and upload to youtube?
It's not like it is too hard doing that manually, for whoever is interested in doing that.

11 : Ranking system.
V2, v3, v5, v5 as a team in different modes. Imagine I'm a new player, this is the easiest way to play competitive games.

but... that is usable only if FS would be running servers, have global ranking for all players and then players used "quick" match or such to enter servers with others of similar level.
That is used only in games that cost 15-80$ and have around 100 to 1000 times more players online, so they have finances to run the servers and big enough player base to fill up servers based on ranks.

12 : Weapons damage.
For each weapon precise details of the damage depending on the different parts of the body hit.

Already existing. While on server, check the tab for this by opening console with tilda (~) key, then use key "tab" to get to the appropriate tab.

13 : BOMB MODE.
A defined area where we can plant the bomb will be so cool and useful. See where I can plant according to the opposing team & more.
Secondly, I don't like the idea of planting during a slide. I mean, okay, that's quite fun but with larger areas to plant (and bounded), I don't think this really useful.

The area is defined already. It is just not visible square like in some other games.
Many of the maps that are being played on bomb servers are made by community. You can't "force" people to draw squares. But would be useless anyway.

14 : Sreamer tab.
To be able to connect his account to twitch and stream it easily.

Barely any game has that. Probably like 3 out of 100 that I have on my steam account :)
For all other games it is same as with Urban Terror. Download external app and start streaming while playing. Not that hard.

Those that cannot put effort into installing one program for streaming would probably not stream anyway.
Those that do, can stream UrT just like they do with every other game.

15 : Boot.
Please, no more boot with pistol and grenades. How many times does it not happen in the spawn.. You want to rush and launch a nade during your action but in the meantime you booted 2 teammates, it's very frustrating and it ruins the gameplay. Of course, it's fun but only with knife !

I appreciate booting is possible with pistol too.
Way too many AFK's or people just blocking spawn doors on purpose...

16 : Settings system easy and convenient.
The console is nice, you're right but as a new player I won't understant much about this. Every new player should be able to correctly adjust their game as he wants in a few minutes and play.

IDK what you mean here. Everything that makes sense to change is already in the user interface.

> 17 : In-game statistics. Know the statistics of your last game or your own statistics according to the maps or with the different weapons you use would be amazing.
Already existing.
While in game, press escape to get the top menu, then look at your stats :)

> 18 : A better server management system. Everyone should be able to manage their server easily and correctly.
Already easy enough... for anyone willing to run server.

Btw, Urban Terror HD is abandoned project (quake based engine).
The game that they are working on has code name Urban Terror Resurgence (unreal engine)

This post has been edited by Spiki: 20 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. [b00bs] TV / Twitch .::. twitter.com/b00bsclan @b00bsclan .::. www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

#90 User is offline   Zmb Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: zmb
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

"Not a big deal, just thought it'd be nice if both captains had to vote yes to unpause a game, like, the captain of the team who did the timeout would just /timeout and a quick vote would open, the other captain would just need to do F1, with a time of 5/7 secs instead of 10 perhaps

Thought it'd be more fairplay overall, since sometimes teams don't ask if opps is ready and isn't readdy "

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942