Urban Terror Forums: I made Turnpike back in the day, interested in converting to UE4 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I made Turnpike back in the day, interested in converting to UE4

#61 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

Frankie can you do a short video about the stuff we have in urt and how to translate that to unreal 4 Talking about about doors lifts spawn doors a floor that are no drop weapons movable objects, jump pads anything we might need for mapping that we already can do.

Maybe show off nevada a bit?

Greetings,

This post has been edited by killspree: 15 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

#64 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

Hi zenity,

Interesting I will make that lift for now thanks, and blandekiller yes that sort of things I mean just an idea but can that be done using level streaming or is this more for a area that is closed off by a door and is loaded when you enter it?

Can it be done by blueprints? for example have certain meshes that are connected to a node that let's it spawn only in ctf or ts game mode?

Is this even possible or does this involve a lot of coding?
About that lift can it be done using animations and blueprint it like the matinee lift?

Greetings,

This post has been edited by killspree: 15 October 2015 - 09:01 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#67 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Sounds great If i find a way to do something that has not already been figured out by fs i will share it most things are already easy to do like teleporter in bp.

That variable should it be a boolean for the gametypes?

Frankiev love to see the casa map!

Greetings,

This post has been edited by killspree: 16 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

#68 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

View Postkillspree, on 07 October 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

it's going to limit the possibilities for lower spec systems to keep up.

I know your statement has already been talked about and resolved, but seeing you say that made me very angry.
This is 2015, not 1999. I have no plans on playing a game that looks like garbage because people wanted it to run on dated hardware. I understand that UE4 runs differently than the Quake Engine, but my following points still stand.

This happens all the time with console games (don't get me wrong I love console games) when the developers decide to port it from console or scale it down for the console, it always looks and runs like crap on the PC. Why should the Devs have to tweak the game so it can run on dated hardware because someone doesn't want to upgrade?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, but I think modern tech should be a requirement for UrTHD. People who have low spec computers will just have to upgrade if they want to play it, and IMO all the 'low' settings should be deleted from the game. I'm tired of seeing teammates running around shooting at the ground, walking into walls, or staring at the sky because their computer can't handle the game or framerate.

Why set the standard so low? If you raise the bar to play the game, you will have more people who are interested in playing it. Unfortunately, gamers this day-and-age care more about graphics than gameplay, but that is just the reality we live in now.
I apologize if I have offended anybody.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#69 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:13 PM

I am not talking about dated hardware or a standard I was talking about the minimal recommended hardware for unreal 4 editor and if the game will still be playable on it.

Because frankie has done a map where he has different version one with his max tris count 90 million, my system can not reach that kind of count so I was just curious how the engine performes on a minimal recommended system by epic games not fs.

A max tris count of 500000 is more realistic than 90 million simply because if you can not make a map look awesome in unreal 4 using 500.000 tris you should be making any maps for any games.
Your not the slightest mad at fs for making a game in 1999 for witch you need hardware from 2009 at least a decent quadcore ddr3 ram at high speeds and a decent gpu to be able to play on all servers at 125fps?

Greetings,

This post has been edited by killspree: 28 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

#70 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:57 AM

View Postkillspree, on 28 October 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

I am not talking about dated hardware or a standard I was talking about the minimal recommended hardware for unreal 4 editor and if the game will still be playable on it.

Because frankie has done a map where he has different version one with his max tris count 90 million, my system can not reach that kind of count so I was just curious how the engine performes on a minimal recommended system by epic games not fs.

A max tris count of 500000 is more realistic than 90 million simply because if you can not make a map look awesome in unreal 4 using 500.000 tris you should be making any maps for any games.
Your not the slightest mad at fs for making a game in 1999 for witch you need hardware from 2009 at least a decent quadcore ddr3 ram at high speeds and a decent gpu to be able to play on all servers at 125fps?

Greetings,

Ah I see, yes you do have a point. I believe that UrTHD should be able to work with Unreal 4's minimum recommended hardware effectively.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942