• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HappyDay's Blog #005

Working on Uptown - Street Pavement

#2 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

Nice work! That looks like a lot of work to be honest lol. Did you remodel that entire part to make proper height maps?

Have you thought about makeing the ground more believable, like grass and a walkway in that back alley and more of sidewalk/park area around fountain/laundro?
Drop the street lights and possibly restructure the garage into something else? like a small area that would lead to a subway area in the bottom and street cafe in the middle section with a normal top level/outlook, convert the flat walkway in the garage into stairs?

just some ideas.

This post has been edited by Muffie: 20 July 2015 - 12:01 AM

.:| Win10 x64 | AMD R5 2600 | 16Gb G.Skill cL16@3ghz | ASUS STRIX Vega 64 |:.

#3 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

Personally I like this very much and I appreciate that it's sped-up as otherwise I probably wouldn't have the patience to watch all of it (How long is the non sped-up video by the way?)
Although I'd (maybe) prefer it to be slightly slower and it would be cool if you showed the "more interesting" parts at regular speed (in this case the finished thing for example).
Some people might also be interested in what exactly you are doing at certain times, so short on-screen annotations or a more descriptive description would maybe be nice.

Anyways, nice work! Looking forward to see more.

#5 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

It's really not Hard to make it something else, but since you want to make the map like 100% the same it is, so then its Hard ^^.

I would rather see a New Uptown to be honest (:
I could see the garage as an office building for example and make the ramp a bit smaller and be a staircase up (maybe even an elevator next to the staircase as well, simular to the other one ^^)

But Oh well, nice work anyhow :)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#9 User is offline   cessquill Icon

• Account: cessquill

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

Interesting video - and I agree, maybe slow down important bits (like end results) and annotate what you're doing here and there.

Unless you're going for an abandoned Uptown look, I personally think you went a bit too far on distressing the slabs. That's just me though.

And yes, the map could do with a redesign here and there. As I've read several people mention over time, its layout makes little real-life sense.

#10 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Nice work original

Nice to see the actual work in blender I was already thinking when i was working with normal/height maps in ue4 that there probably is a nicer way to do it.

I think when talking about the level Uptown its very gameplay focused if you just troll around and kill much people in ctf at least you will not win if you focus on actually going for the flag you really have a better experience nothing should be changed I think keep it 4.1 style and you are rolling.

Keep the video's comming!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942