• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How i can make my own maps ? Rate Topic: -----

I need an intensive video course

#1 User is offline   Inukaze Icon

• Account: inukaze

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

Hi there, i just wanna ask "How i can make my own maps" ?

I have "GTKRadiant 1.6.4" with some tools like : bscp , q3data , q3map2 , q3map2_urt

But someone can explain , prefer in video but if not possible , well is right

the things needs for make it for example

1 - The motivation
2 - Learn how to use GTKRadaint and it tools
3 - How make Floor / Walls
4 - How use Common Textures
5 - Using Custom Textures
6 - Adding things like "Doors" with "Sound"
7 - Music Playback from specific location
8 - Making the Scripts for the map
9 - Checking all things in the map are good
10 - Exporting for public use , for someone download and put in the folder and work :D

Thank you.

#2 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

Yeah of course but I need time for do the videos :)

#3 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

Hey Inukaze! The first step would be to join the forum over at http://custommapmakers.org

The forum is dedicated to mapping for UrbanTerror. There are several posts there that will help you get started! You can also join the Custom map makers IRC channel and ask anyone there any questions you have. We always like helping others out. Our IRC channel is #CMM on the QuakeNet server.

Also, I'm not sure if you are into making maps for fragging or for jumping, but there are a lot of jump map makers that hang out over at http://urtjumpers.com and there are plenty of people who can help you out over there as well.

You should make a post over at the custom map makers forums and we can help you get set up and mapping in no time.

Also, as a quick guide, I would suggest following the first video in my tutorial series which should help you get your GTK radiant all set up and ready to make maps. You can find that tutorial here:

While this video is specifically set up for icy jumping, it is a great intro that helps you get everything set up for both Jump mapping and Frag Mapping.

#4 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostKroniK, on 04 August 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

Hey Inukaze! The first step would be to join the forum over at http://custommapmakers.org

The forum is dedicated to mapping for UrbanTerror. There are several posts there that will help you get started! You can also join the Custom map makers IRC channel and ask anyone there any questions you have. We always like helping others out. Our IRC channel is #CMM on the QuakeNet server.

Also, I'm not sure if you are into making maps for fragging or for jumping, but there are a lot of jump map makers that hang out over at http://urtjumpers.com and there are plenty of people who can help you out over there as well.

You should make a post over at the custom map makers forums and we can help you get set up and mapping in no time.

Also, as a quick guide, I would suggest following the first video in my tutorial series which should help you get your GTK radiant all set up and ready to make maps. You can find that tutorial here:

While this video is specifically set up for icy jumping, it is a great intro that helps you get everything set up for both Jump mapping and Frag Mapping.

Yepp that's how at least me and many others started mapping/jumpmapping.

Nothing like the old kronik video's im sure it's one of the best starting points there are some other usefull tutorials on youtube about doors windows sounds jump pafds teleporters etc.

#5 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

Also, I go through downloading radiant in my tutorial. Don't follow that part, Its old and outdated and the web page I got it from no longer exists. xD

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

Another great tutorial made by Sniperjum.
http://forum.sniperj...ap-td12863.html

#7 User is offline   Inukaze Icon

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

Hi there , thank you to all for your answers

I really wanna make maps for "Bomb Mode" because , in the servers i can play
i just see 2 servers with maps for this mode , and in one of that servers i can't join because
"This server is for low ping only" , i am from venezuela , my ping ever be high

And well someone can explainme , the modes of game , i know the classic modes
but the new modes like : Jump , Freeze , etc ... ?

What are the diferences , and that really affect the game?
for Example Survivor from Last Man Standing ?

and for example just like practice , for begin i wanna try to adapt the map from Counter-Strike , but using the textures of UrT in the map , just with

Assault , Italy , Aztect

In of that server i found "dust2" map for UrT , and its amazing work , but i felt that version of map , are small if be of the double size , i can felt better during the gameplay

i have "Italy" map but just for Quake3 XD

and how i see the maps can be re-created from Scratch , i wanna try :D

#8 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:39 AM

LMS (last man standing) is basically Free For All Survivor. it will also use FFA spawns
FREEZE is TS with the difference that your enemy doesnt die, but gets frozen when shot. they can be "revived" by teammates or will unfreeze after some amout of time.
JUMP is well, jumpmode. no guns, only jumps. enables the built in save and load commands for positions. This now has built in timers.

freeze and jump basically are community modes, that before were run by plugins &/ server mods.

To make a map for bomb in particular you will need at least 2 bombsites on the map, and have ut_spawn (not really sure how those entities are called exactly, pretty sure its something close though), that are designated for bombmode(8). finally you should set ut_bomb as a playable mode in the .arena file, so it shows up in the menus.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#9 User is offline   Inukaze Icon

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:09 AM

Someone can explain me how i add bot support to the map ?

because i saw various maps and not all support bots

#10 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

Best tutorial here: http://wiki.customma...ots_to_your_map

To sum up:
1. Compile your map
2. Add surface sounds to your map (.bsp file) http://wiki.customma...:Surface_sounds
3. Open a text editor and copy the line: bspc -bsp2aas YOURMAPNAME.bsp -forcesidesvisible -optimize
4. Replace YOURMAPNAME with your file name of the .bsp file.
5. Save the file as a .bat file (if on linux you ignore all this)
6. Make sure the script is in the same folder as the .bsp file, and you've imported the surface sounds already.
7. Run the .bat file, and the bots should be added.
Voila! You now got bots in your map. Further testing is needed. If you got water, or places you don't want the bots to go, then you need to add botclip in your map. It's described in more detail on the wiki.

I hope it helps. If you got any problems, or questions, then just ask!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942