• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mouse too sensitive Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Leopheard Icon

• Account: leopheard

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:35 AM

How can I reduce the mouse sensitivity? It's ridiculously over sensitive. I'm running the Quake3-UrT.x86_64 file in Lubuntu 14.04.

I've edited a few of the mouse settings in /UrbanTerror42/q3ut4/q3config.cfg but no luck. Any ideas please?

#3 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

What zenity said, use the sensitivity command in your console (most keyboards, press the '~' or '`' key in the top-left to bring it up/down).

\sensitivity

Will tell you your current level.

\sensitivity 1.1

will change it to 1.1

Unfortunately there isn't great support for 'gaming' mice on Linux right now, but if you're able to you can set DPI to 200 or 400. These are sensible levels for FPS gaming.

You can also try negative values for sensitivity if 0.001 is still too high, but the outcome tends to be a bit weird, you'll have to play around with small and large negative values...

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 09 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

#4 User is offline   Leopheard Icon

• Account: leopheard

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

It's a lot better now thanks. Only issue is that I think I've altered some other sort of sensitivity.

I'm using a laptop with the usual trackpad. Only issue is now the movement keys I use aren't sensitive enough. It's like I want to edge out a little bit, but it moves then rocks back to the same position. Then if I move it a bit more, it moves it well past where I want it.

Any ideas?

#5 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostLeopheard, on 09 August 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

It's a lot better now thanks. Only issue is that I think I've altered some other sort of sensitivity.

I'm using a laptop with the usual trackpad. Only issue is now the movement keys I use aren't sensitive enough. It's like I want to edge out a little bit, but it moves then rocks back to the same position. Then if I move it a bit more, it moves it well past where I want it.

Any ideas?

^^Leopheard
You should REALLY use a proper mouse. even a $2 mouse will be better than a trackpad.

Pickings are slim for high en gaming mice in linux. Razer and Roccat are supported by third party drivers Razer.
Roccat contribute driver support staight into the kernel.

From what I have learnt, the ideal configuration is to be able to consistently turn 180 deg onto target.
A few things to bear in mind:
Acceleration should be turned off.http://ubuntuforums....d.php?t=1734400
Mouse polling to highest permited value: http://www.urbanterr...rate-on-ubuntu/
Very well explained by S7habo, great player BTW.

I use a Razer deathadder black edition 3200dpi polling 1000Hz (actual dpi is 3200)
/sensitivity 2.5

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 10 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:01 PM

^^Zentity
There seem to be two schools of thought on this: Use the whole mouse pad, and twitch.
I guess I fall into the later since my mouse is only being moved a few inches.
Some people palm the mouse others hold it with finger tips (that be me, big hands)

What is Raw input ? All I know is on linux mouse feel right an on OSX it feels wrong.
Never played on windows.

#8 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:17 PM

Quick google,
Found this http://steamcommunit...39854227821906/
So basically there is no Raw input in linux although removing OS acceleration helps explained above.
I'm quote happy as is, worried about UrT HD since mouse input under linux has been problematic with previous unreal engines.

CORRECTION:
my bad. Razer DeathAdder black edition 3200Dpi

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 10 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

#10 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:05 AM

I've heard of pro golfers who have re-learnt their swing. This would be similar ;-)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942