Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Minimap Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Thinker Icon

• Account: thinker

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:16 AM

Hello! Guys, sorry for the stupid question, but... How to disable the text in the upper left corner? It hides the minimap :(
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   baex Icon

• Account: baex

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

cg_msgHeight 0
cg_msgTime 0

in console. You open the console by pressing the key left from the 1 key and you just type it in with a / before.
Or you can put it into a config. But you also can just adjust your map theres a guide for it.

http://urt.taggedzi.com/guide4.php
Scroll down to the "Minimaps" point. Pretty good site if you want to get into scripting or writing configs

View PostNounou, on 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I love you baex, but also, consider that i'm drunk

#3 User is offline   Thinker Icon

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

Thanks.

#4 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:32 PM

Hi Thinker, most players prefer to change the map position instead, hit, kill and server messages being useful to read.
If you'd rather change the map's position too, then use : cg_mappos x

#5 User is offline   Thinker Icon

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

Hi Biddle. I tried to change the map position, but the upper left corner is the most convenient option for me. However, kill and server messages appeared more necessary to me, so I turned off the minimap at all... Bad that there are no fixed standards for minimap, so different maps has different sizes of their minimaps. And these arrows in my opinion not the best solution: they have a different color and they blink, it's confusing. Personally, I like the minimap in CSN:Z

Posted Image

it has fixed size, teammates allocated with one color and your position is easily detectable.

This post has been edited by Thinker: 19 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

Minimap has a proportional size, cause in UrT contrary to CS, you see the map as a whole, and not from the player's POV. Some maps are bigger than others, so it seems logic that the minimap size difers too. Nevertheless you can any minimap size through the menu or with the CVAR : cg_mapsize

When arrows blink, they mean something. It happens when one of your teammate on the map is either shooting, throwing a nade or planting the bomb. It's usefull to know that your teammate is shooting at an ennemy so you can support him fast etc. Once again, you can also change the arrowscale in the menu or with : cg_maparrowscale

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942