• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gungame Discussion

#12 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 21 September 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

What Muffie suggested in his first post was to disable the spawn protection at the moment you shoot your first bullet in Gun Game which I think is a good idea. Of course the respawn protection time would keep working as usual in case you don't shoot before the end of it.

Isn't that already the case ? At least that's exactly how spawnprotect behaves in all other gametypes in 4.2.

#14 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:58 PM

That isn't the case? You can shoot and still maintain your respawn protection?
No good!

#15 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'd bet that's probably left over from the old jump server days where you had to use a super long respawn protection timer for people to not be able to kill each other when jumping.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 21 September 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

No and no. Checked on 4.2.023.

Would you have a demo or a video of someone shooting that is still protected by the gods ?
I can't seem to reproduce this. Tried with a bunch of people on several different servers: each time a player shoots, throws a nade, drops a weap etc, he isn't protected by the respawn gods anymore. In all modes.

Maybe having a value different than the default can create this issue ? Never faced it though, I'm really surprised.

#18 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:55 PM

i just noticed that doing an HK kill while dead (nade goes off) you dont get promoted. it would be nice if you would get demoted and the promoted again, so you would at least stay with the HK. surely getting demoted to sr8 isnt that bad over a hk ( :P ), but it would seem fair.

it might create problems with doing a doublekill though? how is a HK doublekill handled anyways?
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#19 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:10 AM

I have a suggestion for the final weapon. Add Shurikens to Urban Terror and make them the final weapon in Gungame. These would have two throwing modes: vertical and horizontal. Vertical would work much like throwing knives but with a larger flight arc, while horizontal would travel a long distance while dropping slowly, much like a Frisbee. Damage should be in the same range as throwing knives, perhaps a bit higher.

In other game modes, a new gear choice should be added so players can choose between using knives or shurikens.

This post has been edited by redsnappa: 17 October 2015 - 03:12 AM

#20 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostIye, on 11 October 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

it would be nice if you would get demoted and the promoted again, so you would at least stay with the HK.
[..]how is a HK doublekill handled anyways?

dont know if this is still a thing, so i just quoted it.

Also it came up while playing around that the weapon order might not be "optimal" for everybody.
I personally would consider the default, as well as the inverted order fine, but for, lets say, less experienced players, starting off with a pistol or a sniper rifle (or a HK...) might end up quite frustrating. even more so once the better players reached automatic weapons and such.
I guess it comes down to whether you want a straight away steep or smoothed lvling curve.

Next point would be the knife. A cvar to disable knifekills to count for lvling would a good thing imo. (otherwise you can kinda cheese the spas and HK)
//edit iye:
does the gear restriction work, aka can you simply disable the knife that way?

This post has been edited by Iye: 25 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942