• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gungame Discussion

#21 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:42 AM

View PostIye, on 25 April 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

Also it came up while playing around that the weapon order might not be "optimal" for everybody.
I personally would consider the default, as well as the inverted order fine, but for, lets say, less experienced players, starting off with a pistol or a sniper rifle (or a HK...) might end up quite frustrating. even more so once the better players reached automatic weapons and such.
I guess it comes down to whether you want a straight away steep or smoothed lvling curve.

I also think the order of weapons should be configurable by the server admins with a string cvar with the codes of weapons to use in order (weapons not included would be not used).
If the list is configured with powerfull weapons first, then less experienced players could feel a possibility and most players would advance levels. On the other hand with pistols first only best players would advance fast and reach the last level. Giving the admins the possibility to configure the order, could make that the best order will emerge by testing and popularity.
There could be and additional option (just for fun) to make the order random in each round. :laugh:

#22 User is offline   Gloriole Icon

• Account: gloriole

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:12 PM

I've playing quite a bit of Gungame, i think it's gonna be a great game mode, and a success. However i think the gun order should change. The goal is to have one weapon at a time, and increase the difficulty, that's why i think the order should go something like:
1. Assault Riffles (LR, M4, AK etc)
2. Submachine gun (UMP, MP5, MAC etc)
3. Shotguns
4. Snipers
5. Handguns
6. Grenade launcher
7.Knife

Because in the current order you start with handguns then gain shotguns, and riffles, and it goes easier and easier, and it would be completely unbalanced, with one player starting to take advantage and then destroying the opposition. This way you start with easier weapons then it gradualy becomes harder and only through skill you frag your way up the levels, also making the game a little longer because as of now, they hardly last more than 4 minutes.

Also i think you should remove the knife until the end when it would be the last weapon, because as of now, the knife is always an option to gain a level without using the actual weapon, let's say you have a hard time making a frag with a handgun, you can just cheese your way up using the knife all the time and it kind of defeats the purpose of the game.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942