Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Android/Arm/Raspberry Pi Port Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tr4pki11er Icon

• Account: tr4pki11er

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys, i really would apreachiate an Android version of UrT for my tablet and phone. 4.1 was playable with Quake 3 port as Urt could run as mod. Now this didnt work anymore. Maybe there is a way i didnt know. It should not be so hard to compile for arm6/7 processors. Hope you understand and maybe got an idea how to play 4.2 on android.

#2 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

For the raspberry pi just the engine needs to be recompiled to work on ARM processors. Raspberry PI guys just did the job so far so it shouldn't be hard to produce ARM compatible binaries: https://github.com/raspberrypi/quake3

This post has been edited by Fenix: 27 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

#3 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

I have not tried to build for ARM, vanilla ioquake3 does not play well with urbanterror. Lots of qvm errors.

I could only get urbanterror 3.7 to play nice with ioquake3 current and GIT.

From what I understood of the whole FStech1 thing was that at present as per quake3 sdk licence urbanterror as a mod must work with vanilla quake3 (id software binary).

It might ;)

I'm guessing here but I suspect that FS have their own fork of ioquake3. https://github.com/B...r-UrbanTerror-4

Being able to spec and play demos from a phone would be kinda cool. Playing would be silly. ;)

EDIT: you would need to patch FS ioquake3 with all ARM related code.

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 27 September 2015 - 07:15 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942