• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats up with Urban Terror?

#1 User is offline   BurakQuaresma Icon

• Account: burakquaresma

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

Yeah i just have a question to the devs but feel free everyone is welcome.

So i just wondering about Urban Terrors future the latetest Blog/News are 2 months old we dont get news for a long time whats the latest status we should know? Frankie V is inactive too on his YouTube channel..

I just dont want that Urban Terror dies. I "grew up" with this game lol it was my first game ever. Playing Urban Terror now 8 years and its still fun and i love it :P

I hope Urban Terror HD will be finished any day and comes to Steam. And i am sure it will be very popular :)

Greets and i hope my english is readable :)

#4 User is offline   BurakQuaresma Icon

• Account: burakquaresma

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 12 October 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

Well my video blog is my video blog so what do you want to know? ;)

OK so lets first deal with this idea the Urban Terror is dying.

LOL
Urban Terror dying since 1999

OK done.

hehehe

To be serious death is a perspective and from mine UrT is not as big as it deserves to be but is the Little Engine that Could and it just keeps on going and going but based on soft numbers things are not as bad as they look or seems to be.

To date.

Over 130,000 thousand confirmed accounts
Over 700,000 downloads of the current updater.

Can not even begin to guess how many downloads of the game by the updater or 3rd party mirrors.

Internet numbers though these are not large numbers.

This leaves the question how big do numbers have to be to determine success?

As for the game it's self, not to be disrespectful, the life span is not dependent on the numbers of players but on those willing to work on it for the love of the game with no regard to the bottom line. We work on the game because we love the game just like anyone else and not because of a pay check. :D

There is however a bit of a mystery. Of course the soft numbers don't seem to match the server loads but suggest that there is an unknown community of players that don't show up in the master server lists.

The after office hours run and gun LAN parties is a massive community that no one hears about and since UrT can fit on a flash drive makes me go hummmm. ;)

Thanks for the reply!

You misunderstood me! I meant i dont want that UrT die in the FUTURE so like if the devs stop working on UrT.

And for your YouTube channel i just was wondered why you dont upload videos for 3 weeks now because your videos are interesting!

My english is not my main language so excuse me ^^

This post has been edited by BurakQuaresma: 12 October 2015 - 01:40 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 12 October 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

There is however a bit of a mystery. Of course the soft numbers don't seem to match the server loads but suggest that there is an unknown community of players that don't show up in the master server lists.

They are all still bitter and are still playing 4.1. I think there are around 300+ people still playing 4.1 and I honestly (now) don't see the difference between 4.1 and 4.3 at this point in time. the gameplay is exactly the same now.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#7 User is offline   pensioner Icon

• Account: pensioner

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

The only sexy boots Johnny has are his gardening Wellingtons :biggrin:

#8 User is offline   OMG-I-Tkd-Kenny Icon

• Account: omgitkdkenny

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

Well, I'm back after about 6 years away, thought HD might be up and running by now, but glad that it hasn't died :)
Downloading the latest UrT release now - keen to get back in the game and give it a go.

#9 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

Welcome back :)

#10 User is offline   Xrandr Icon

• Account: xrandr

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:10 PM

I've been away from UrT for a few years, now I'm back. Working too much and not having the right computer kept me. I've been on-and-off for a long time. I started when Docks was the rage, I think shortly after the whole mod was introduced.

What separates Urban Terror from anything I've ever played are just a few things:

- Tactical nature: The speed and precision in this game combined with the engine are just killer. Cover two city blocks in 5 seconds, pull 180 and snipe someone 80 yards away. That's fun. I turn my graphics capabilities down for smoother gameplay because I despise latency. For me this game is about quick thinking/tactics. Counterstrike bored me from day one. The speed is important.

- The Quake 3 engine can run on almost anything and at the same moment it's the most real feeling physics environment (strafe jumping... real? I know.) I've ever enjoyed playing on. When Q3 came out it sat beside Unreal but for me in terms of "general real feeling" it just kills nearly everything. I think the fact that this game is still being played today actively all damn day from what I can see are fantastic, and I know why. Do you see anybody playing Unreal mods today still... I may be mistaken there but feel free to correct me.

- Latency: The web is unpredictable, lag/latency are the enemy of true merit in gaming at this point IMO and a lightweight engine and game make UrT/Q3 super desirable.

Not that I want it to happen but I'm surprised (happily maybe) that the government hasn't offered to fund UrT development because of the tactical movement especially but just tactical quick thinking the game can teach people. Laugh that I'm saying a game is very useful in every day life but I'm not.

After getting back into the game recently I saw this post and wanted to stop in and blather for a bit. This game is far from dead, at least for me.

I was previously known as {EmS} Dillinger for the haters out there who'd like to piss on my e-grave. I do hope Naked Assassin is still playing somewhere in the tubes today, and EditGuy, Vollknilch? Who knows, see you in my scope.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942