Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Highlighted community servers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hi all, i came across a game which has a feature that could improve a bit Urban Terror too in my hopinion.
Having a low number of players, the dev decided to put on the main menu a quick server browser that offer the most played servers for that ping for every gametype, so instead of scattering players through many servers we have less servers more played, so a newcomer could find easily a quick way to play and don't get mad entering an empty server which is a lot frustrating or even worse join a server that download a lot of stuff that alter the game giving wrong first impressions.

Of course the server should meet some requirements in terms of performance and be as much as vanilla as possible; The devs could compile a "whitelist" which allows the servers to popup on the quick browser and when a server is almost full, it disappear from the list leaving a slot for another whitelisted servers to be highlighted and the chance to get populated too.
We could have 3 for tdm, 3 for ts, 3 for ctf and so on...

I know that it's not fair towards every server admins, but in a player perspective, i have to admit i would really like to see some sort of this when i first downloaded the game. Also to be fair you can plan a "rotation" every two week, where the current highlighted servers got replaced by new highlighted community servers.
I can even see the admins racing to make their servers as much as eligible as possible :D

Please let me know what you think about this, don't trash the idea without even considering it... I posted on the 4.* forum because is the current release but you can also consider this system for the HD which would help the game be more new-user-friendly. Considering that official matchmaking could be really expensive server side, this system give advantages to the devs (less worries about running servers), to the server admins (they get rewarded for the time and money spent) and for every player which have just to pick a server without scrolling that much.

On a final note, i'm NOT talking about removing the classic server browser, it should keep its place of course.

Please forgive my poor english, i'm still a Redneck! :D
Cheers.

#2 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:27 AM

Up? At least a thought from someone? :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942