Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some suggestions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fragged Icon

• Account: fragged

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

So just some suggestions that I feel would add to the gaming experience.

I think it would be nice to have some visual indication in the gear select screen to know what each item does more exactly and how each weapon is different.

Also more neat ways to customize the hud and other settings that are as yet hidden for performance tweaking. A way to bind weapons to different buttons without making a config would be great, for example I like to put specific weapons on the scroll wheel and mouse buttons.

This post has been edited by fragged: 16 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

menus are a pain as is in q3 menu scripting. sooooo. no. otherwise: yes, some of the options should be added to the ingame menus. i for example was kinda flashed that dmaHD sound engine supports the selection of an output device. I actually added it to the old menus, and created a Github pull request for it, but nothing really came up. probably due to the possibility of menus being overhauled in 4.3.

A way to bind weapons to different buttons without making a config would be great, for example I like to put specific weapons on the scroll wheel and mouse buttons.

this could actually be really handy. like with that bug that only allowed you to select the last picked up grenade with ut_weaptoggle grenade you were pretty much screwed if you picked up smokes..... Since then my key for grenades exclusively selects HEs..... :)
I guess it wouldnt be a good idea for all weapons, but one could probably come up with a solution/binding for different "weapon classes"
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Fragged Icon

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

The ideas pretty much come to mind because urt is very community based, a lot of for profit games will hide too many of the settings even if they are quite important for a player to set properly. I think it's fairer on less savvy players to have more options in the menus as well, especially there can be no complaints about a custom config being "like a cheat".

I have one more suggestion actually. It would be nice to shove people in the game, for example a teammate is blocking you and will unwittingly get you or themselves killed, so you push them out the way a short distance and can get by them. Pushing enemies can also add to the complexity of firefights. It's not a new idea, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory has it and it solves a lot of the block problems and is very nice to have.

I had another idea but forgot about it, if I remember I'll post back.

This post has been edited by fragged: 17 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

#4 User is offline   Fragged Icon

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostIye, on 16 October 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

menus are a pain as is in q3 menu scripting. sooooo. no. otherwise: yes, some of the options should be added to the ingame menus. i for example was kinda flashed that dmaHD sound engine supports the selection of an output device. I actually added it to the old menus, and created a Github pull request for it, but nothing really came up. probably due to the possibility of menus being overhauled in 4.3.

Selecting output device would be really handy, and configuration to use 44khz would be good. I expect I can do this by /s_khz but I wouldn't know which other settings should be changed along with that in the /s_ options so I haven't tried. Another nice one would be setting raw input on the mouse which I did via /in_mouse 2 in the console.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942