Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TOD-50 and Negev suggestions

#1 User is offline   redsnappa Icon

• Account: redsnappa

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

I like the new TOD-50 and would like to see it available more generally. A .50 caliber rifle should certainly have the drawback "Too heavy to allow secondary gun", and perhaps there should be an aiming penalty for firing it while standing, as it is challenging to shoot a .50 caliber rifle while standing in real life. A stamina penalty could also be imposed for it, as the Negev used to have.

Speaking of "Too heavy to allow secondary gun", I would remove this drawback from the Negev. A Negev weighs between 7 and 7.6 kg, depending on the variant. For comparison, an AK-103 weighs 3.6 kg, a M4A1 weighs 3.51 kg, an LR-300 weighs 3.1 kg, and a G36 weighs 3.63 kg. A Negev is a bit heavier, but 4 kg extra is not going to burden a person that much in the average length of time that a player in Urban Terror stays alive. (The Barrett M82, which resembles the TOD-50, weighs 13.5 to 14.0 kg, thus I think it makes more sense to put the carry restriction on the TOD-50.) The reduced damage of the Negev is enough to make up for its increased magazine without taking away the secondary gun. Speaking of which, the old 150 round belt would be nice to see again. Finally, real Negevs have a semi-automatic mode in addition to full auto, and this would be a welcome addition.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942