• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dead or Alive? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   red.snow Icon

• Account: redsnow

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:19 AM

I used to be an original 4.1 player back when FTWGL was booming. What happened? I got married at the end of the last ftwgl season (back in 2013?) so I had to drop this game unfortunately. But now that everything is running smoothly in my life I wouldn't mind sparing time for this game, it was my favorite. EXCEPT ITS DEAD :/

#3 User is offline   szejdi Icon

• Account: szejdi
  • Main tag:

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

Devs don't know if that the game is dead cause devs don't actually play the game. Barbie and Frankie are turning every "Is urt dead?" thread into a joke to avoid admitting their failure.

What happened is they released the 4.2 version which has split the community, it was also full of bugs so the people who actually moved to 4.2 didn't want to have anything to do with it. After 20 updates the game is actually decent, but most pre-2012/2013 players are gone and not planning to come back.

There are around a hundred people playing daily on pubs in the current version, 10 somewhat active teams in 1 league with 1 active admin, 6 teams playing scrims daily. That's it.

Biddle or some other upstanding admin might send you their statistics saying "we have 10 million urt updater downloads and 100k registered accounts" to save the thread, don't listen.

#4 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

there is one rule out there for me: never listen to szejdi. but this time - goddamn - szejdi spoke the truth.
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#5 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

Yep even if you post a bug you only get 1 answer report it on github...

Ignoring a problem doesn't solve it but hee perhaps they like trolling.

Urt is actually not dead but compared to before...
Split up yeah no cheats in 4.2 hmmmm is that the reason nobody play's competition anymore?
Give a compliment and they like a finger up their ass but come with actual good intended criticism and your the bad guy.

This post has been edited by killspree: 06 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   szejdi Icon

• Account: szejdi
  • Main tag:

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

View Postkillspree, on 06 November 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

no cheats in 4.2 hmmmm is that the reason nobody play's competition anymore?

Again - compared to what Biddle might tell you - there are working cheats right now and there have been in many previous releases.

Two official FS banlists contained about 30 recognizable cheaters that played on a decent level in leagues. It's really nothing compared to 100+ teams that played CB/UZ in 2012. Note that not all cheats were detectable by the so called anticheat though.
Anyway - a half of them returned with new auths at some point, some of them (1, 2, 3) are still playing today. They didn't even bother changing their nicknames - nobody gives a shit though. So no, it's not the "lack of cheats" that killed the competition, trust me.

Interesting fact: one of the current Urban Zone admins actually came up with an idea to unban several old cheaters to increase the league's activity. Guess who :)

P.S.
I always speak the truth Karl, but people often dismiss it cause I speak with a particular inflection that makes me sound like a dick.

This post has been edited by szejdi: 06 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

#7 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

Just read your post szejdi and the link you provided. Been playing urt again on/off again for the last few weeks and it's insane.

Players running around in circles just to shoot something. No admins on the popular EU servers ( as far as I can see).

According to the link you provided. Even with an Auth account. There is no player you can trust (unless you make note of those players and check here when the account was registered - so called 'good players' with new accounts doesn't hold water).

Oh and yeah - limit the server slots FS. I don't mind playing against a few cheaters - but if it's a 14v14 server - it gets ridiculous.

The amount of urt downloads recently should be ringing bells.

Hi FS - Border

This post has been edited by BorderFox: 06 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

BorderFox

#8 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:03 PM

where is this fs banlist ?

#10 User is offline   BurakQuaresma Icon

• Account: burakquaresma

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:32 PM

Urban Terror is not really dead it will never die because there will be loyal fans who will always support UT no matter what happend to the game like me BUT the sad think is UT was so popular in 4.1 there was so many filled servers but today you dont have a big choice of servers. I have only 4 good servers in 4.1 i had 10-20..

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942