• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Map (conversion) contest

#11 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 27 November 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Totally understandable that if someone want's to make a UrT based map they would want the mechanics and getting some kind of alpha out is a priority.

I don't think releasing an alpha to the public is a good Idea for 2 reasons.
1. people may try to plagiarize it. 2. it would get bad reviews for being an uncompleted game and whatnot.

I think you should bring Rambetter on as part of the dev team so you can work out all the kinks in the jump and icy jump maps.

This post has been edited by Dark-knight: 11 December 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#13 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

Can you go into what the best solution is for collision in unreal 4 I have heard some things about using bsp brushes for it?

#15 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:39 AM

Can it also be done manual for example make a static mesh and by material you will add a shader?
NoDraw
FullClip
In theory you can use the bsp brushes inside Ue4 and make them transparent same sort of thing like radiant.

These methods seem to be done inside Ue4 itself when you import your mesh or can be added later.

Wondering how it will be done with icy and jumps maps and if it will be easier to do.

Greetings,

This post has been edited by killspree: 10 December 2015 - 02:41 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 12 December 2015 - 05:08 AM

I've gone ahead and bought some marketplace packs and found out it seems best to build everything modular.

If you build a mesh for instance a house with a patio in the middle where you can you on the roof and then back on the floor again in the middle.
Building your collision for that can be a pain.
Simply build 4 walls without a roof and your done instead of building a single mesh.

I'm willing to donate these packs to the cause if FS not already bought everything yet haha.

Greetings,

This post has been edited by killspree: 12 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

#18 User is offline   killspree Icon

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Let's get it done all i'm saying, hope frankie's plan about cmm goes well and by the time a pre alpha come's out we can host a serious mapping competition.

By the time I posted the message I realized that the first urt hd released version is probably not going to come out on unreal 4.10 because there are so many updates and more frequent this means not only keeping up with the development but also deciding what new features you will use every time a updated comes out.

I'm pretty sure you all keep it simple in order to get to a nearly finished state and polishing it in the pre alpha release stage pretty amazing and have much respect for FS some guy's here have been working with unreal 4 and urt hd longer than I even play the game, keep it up!

Greetsz,

This post has been edited by killspree: 14 December 2015 - 05:19 PM

#19 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostDark-knight, on 08 December 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

I think you should bring Rambetter on as part of the dev team so you can work out all the kinks in the jump and icy jump maps.

Wow. Dark-knight, you have made me laugh way more than usual today. Rambetter is gone. He is out having fun cycling and no longer wishes to be involved with UrT. While those of us left in the icy mapping scene are not quite as smart and genius level as Rambetter was, there are several of us that know all his tricks and have a good vision for how to make icy great in UE4.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942