Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Money games Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Dewolf Icon

• Account: dewolf

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

I've never heard about any games running on this concept, but I think it could start a new kind of money gaming in the esport world. I suggest a server dedicated to money games. Let's say that all the gamers pay a sum of 10 dollar per game (one could of course offer different prices also) in a team death match. All players ending on the upper half of their teams receives the double amount of what they paid.

Capitalistic regards
EL_Flippo

#2 User is offline   BurakQuaresma Icon

• Account: burakquaresma

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

Maybe in the HD version on steam in the future with higher playerbase but generally no.

This post has been edited by BurakQuaresma: 15 December 2015 - 11:47 PM

#3 User is offline   Dewolf Icon

• Account: dewolf

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

Ok. I'm just saying it would have been nice to have the possibility to earn a living as an urban terrorist :ph34r:

Another aspect of it would be the possibility for you, the developers, to receive a steady flow of money - instead of receiving donations now and then. Some bookmakers takes approximately 2.5 percent in provision from each money transfer to the users money account. The amount of players playing the game would of course also increase.

This post has been edited by Dewolf: 16 December 2015 - 11:47 AM

#4 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

I think this would encourage hacking even beyond just being a dick online, but the possibility of free money for cheating? I think this wouldnt be good for the playerbase as a whole.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostZenity, on 05 January 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

Yep, not going to happen with the way the hacking landscape is unfortunately (not that there aren't other potential problems with the idea). Tournaments require a much finer level of control, especially online tournaments (and online-only tournaments rarely have high rewards for this reason).

The only chance to make a living of playing Urban Terror is either to become a super popular streamer, or for Urban Terror to become a world sensation with an esports scene that can rival CS:GO.

One can dream. ;)

Well as far as gameplay goes. UrT is already better. Urban Terror is not popular for all other reasons than gameplay, the main one probably being lack of exposure.

I'm saying UrT is better because it has a higher skill ceiling and skill ceiling is a important factor in what makes an esport (hello starcraft).
Remove the advanced movement from UrT and it's mechanics is very similar to CS, add advanced movement onto that which also has a learning curve and UrT simply becomes the more difficult game.

SO assuming HD won't be a downgrade from 4.1-3 and it will look visually appealing. Once it hits steam and as soon a popular youtube personality like pewdiepie plays it, Urban Terror will get popular for sure.
Also ranked has to be added, a skilled playerbase can't foster without it.

This post has been edited by Fredrik: 05 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942