• You cannot reply to this topic

Smoke Rate Topic: -----

Improve smoke

#11 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:10 PM

quickly activate tacs and be able to take down anyone opposite of that.

omg yes. and then also put a cooldown/maximum duration on tacs. possibly batteries, which work like charges? (and then add those to the extra ammo as well)?
this could open up a whole new area of items. basically like the adrenaline boosts, or self heals that were suggested already.

but still, with smokes main use being to block vision through a specific volume, their use in UrT is really limited. (as mentioned, protecting flag runs and blocking doors). blocking of a passage in an outdoor area is just no real option, because most of the time, you will find a way to jump peak over it.
Same for pushing through smokes: In UrT it's something different than pushing through smokes in CS, simply due to the speeds a player can rather easily reach.

But yes, the time it takes for the smoke to get to full intensity should be reduced, while the duration also should be reduced. not only for balance reasons, but basically because of UrT being a fast game. there is no need to smoke off an area for 20 (dont quote me on the duration...) seconds (except you want to do 2 flag steals on Algiers with a single smoke.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#13 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:55 AM

Well smoke shouldnt and i dont think will ever be the main thing in UrT meta, but it would finnaly be a viable alternative. I dont think many will ever trade the HE nade for something else, since the power to kill someone without endangering yourself will always be alluring.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#15 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:43 PM

I believe that smoke is a vital part of CTF it does what its supposed to: creates confusion; provides cover.
Many players hate it since on low end systems fps go to hell.

I rarely use goggles and enjoy playing with smoke, if you learn to like it you will play better in it.

I would like to see the return of flash bangs and the introdution of "willie pete" (white posphorus) double the damage radius of HE, but half the lethal radius. Could have spectacular visual like in the movie "Fury". :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 04 January 2016 - 12:55 AM, said:

I dont think many will ever trade the HE nade for something else, since the power to kill someone without endangering yourself will always be alluring.

That's mostly because once a HE grenade is being thrown it can't be stopped from exploding. If instead you could spray with your LR/M4 and let the HE grenade explode far from you (hurting opponents eventually), well.....it's another story Posted Image. In such case I would prefer choosing smoke instead of HE grenades (but maybe it's a personal choice).

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942