Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cheat Hunter (CH) Rate Topic: -----

Need bans for cheaters!

#1 User is offline   dima1911 Icon

• Account: dima1911

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

Why not remove cheaters? Do not introduce anything new in protection for servers?

Cheater video

#2 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

I'm not seeing any cheat here, but I do see you /killing and getting vote kicked.

And I had to rename your demo to play it.

What is it you think this player is doing that is a cheat?

#3 User is offline   dima1911 Icon

• Account: dima1911

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:22 AM

So I do not show my cheat in video recording. Just the problem is that a lot of cheaters playing and need a anti cheat. I could give is, only how can I help?

#4 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

If you want to develop and work on Urban Terror, please feel free to apply by mail: contact at urbanterror.info

#5 User is offline   zenny Icon

• Account: zenny

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

I think the FrozenSand Team can ask for the Excessive Plus anti-cheat (made for quake 3).
I know it can spot aimbot (using the mouse acceleration) and wallhack (using an old wh prevention system https://github.com/e...r/sv_wallhack.c ).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   zenny Icon

• Account: zenny

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:52 PM

It's a lot of effort, for something that will take cheat creators about five minutes to circumvent... Not sure if it's worth it to be honest.

The wallhack prevention system is server-sided. It check is a client is visible for another and if not it send a fake location (under you feet as the same distance that the client is to keep the sound system). That system don't check or desactivate wallhack, the wallhack still work you just see the player under you feet instead of behind the wall.

The only real effort is to "adapt" this code for Urban Terror everything else is only copy-pasting.

Successful anti-cheat has to be an ongoing and thorough project, approaching the problem from multiple angles. There is no one-off solution, and no perfect solution anyway (otherwise everybody would be using it).

There is a difference between client anticheat (like all the succesfull anticheat that CAN'T provide a real solution) and server anticheat (that can't be hooked without having an admin acces to the server). You should know that.

BTW most of the most advanced quake 3 based games got that. If me and some friends can do that for our servers i think FS can do that for the whole game.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942