• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Movement Update

#11 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

Zenity
Great work new blood, new ideas. Here comes the but...

Some things come into confict with what we allready have:

Bunny hopping, apart from looking like a little kid skipping down the road, conflicts with circle jumping;

Wall running looks cool, REALLY COOL! but conflicts with wall jumping which I consider unique to urbanterror;

Slope slidding is cool too and could probably FIT well as an evolution of powersliding;

Vaulting could also could be dropped right in, I would love to see the third person view of it, obviously Frankie V will have to do the animation first. ;)

Any kind of new "Action" game mode could incorporate all these ideas, but again too many game types only causes fragmentation, but on the other hand diversity is fun also, and many servers have been popular running weird game modes... So what do I know ;)

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 23 January 2016 - 10:59 PM

#13 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:29 PM

I like the new ledge-grab and vaulting but the quake hopping and wall running are a definite no-no.
IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#14 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

At first I didn't like the quakeworld style B-hopping but after I read zenity saying it only is when you nat press run so it's a strafe jump slower than circlejumping.

Right now you can strafe jump in urt but this does look nicer than normal strafe jumps now but perhaps more something for mods or special strafe jump servers or something like that.

The wallrunning also also a extra feature not in the game right now looks nice but is not really needed when you have fast speed circle jumps and walljumps.
My advice is take the things you need to put into the new engine first than test it and than look at possibilities for new features or game modes and stuff like that!
The stuff I see did look very nice but I know it will be the classic game movements that will make the game.
What you need is the map happyjumptutorial and be able to jump that in urban terror HD!

Greetsz,

This post has been edited by killspree: 24 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

View PostZenity, on 24 January 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

Now is the best time to implement significant movement updates, not just because maps will have to be updated anyway for HD, but also because we will have a long testing phase before the first stable release on Unreal Engine, so if something is really not liked by the majority of players, we will find out early enough.

+1

I'm all on your side man, this is some awesome work you've been doing!
I Can't wait to play and map for this game now *-*

Much respect bro <3
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#17 User is offline   commander Icon

• Account: commander

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

Looks good, I'd say quakelike bunnyhoping(similar to CS) is a good addition as long as it doesnt remove cricle jumping, both techniques should be viable. Circle Jumping should be faster than Quake Bunnyhops , imo

#18 User is offline   katzenscheisse Icon

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

This looks really awesome! I am very exited about this.

Two points: I love the vaulting, but it seems a bit to powerful. You gain to much energy from it. I think this could damage gameplay in a way that people can gain to much energy from crossing small obstacles.

Also is it possible that the wall running makes traversing small streets high and fast to easy?

Still I love it and it looks absolutly awesome.

#19 User is offline   bluewormx Icon

• Account: bluewormx

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:18 AM

Regarding this, I'd like to get away from the idea that one server = one game mode. If we have playlists with mixed game modes, the fragmentation would be much less. Normal and infinite stamina servers would definitely add some fragmentation of course, that is the tradeoff. A bit like hardcore mode in some contemporary shooters.

That is an Awsome idea!

Now to try and explain my previous post.

When I say that wall running and bh "conflict" it is not meant as something literal. I have no doubt that the mechanics are compatible.

It conflics in as much that they would steal protagonism from circle jumping and wall jumping (remember... "easy to do, impossible to master!").
Altering substancially the gameplay as it is, and leaving the jumping community feeling "sold out".

This post has been edited by bluewormx: 24 January 2016 - 02:23 AM

#20 User is offline   crux Icon

• Account: crux

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:01 AM

An an oldschool high skilled jumping player with 6 maps maded I put here my conclusions.

Disagree:

1- Wallrun NO, pls. I think is better with classic walljumps, this isnt cod or titanfall. Furthermore this jumps makes the game easier, and the essence of this game is improve playing it. (I expend thousands of hours jumping to make nice walljumps to get spots on shoot maps, dont make that so easy!)
2- Bunnyhop NO. This game isnt Quake or Counter Strike, the classic jumps with sharp turns are better and more strategic.
3- I dont like you can jump on steep ramps

Agree:

I can accept the grab changes , that changes can improve the types of jump maps and better movement, I like that ones.

Im glad that you guys are keeping on the project, im to hyped for new urban terror, still my favourite game forever and ever.

PD: PUT IT ON STEAM.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942