Urban Terror Forums: SPAS-12 Proposed buff - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SPAS-12 Proposed buff Rate Topic: -----

The worst gun in the game or the least best gun in the game?

#1 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:31 AM

As it stands, the SPAS-12 is one of the least competitive weapons in UrT, right behind the HK 69 and Negev (I guess you could count throwing knives and the boot too but now I'm nitpicking). It has an incredibly long time-to-kill, often requiring all 8 shots or even more to put down an enemy. With the upcoming addition of the M4 Super 90 and P90, the SPAS-12 will be even more of a useless secondary. My proposed buff would be to add a secondary firing mode that would fire 2 shells at once, (impossible w/ the SPAS-12 IRL but it's UrT so who cares?) putting twice the amount of pellets down range at the cost of increased ammo consumption. Now this wouldn't increase potential damage overall for the 8 shells but would increase the DPM. If this change turns the SPAS-12 into a killing machine then an increased delay for this fire mode compared to the single shot mode could be added, such as the character pumping the action rather than the single-shot mode semi-automatic fire.

Seriously though the SPAS-12 needs some love right now, it's really bad if you actually want to kill your enemies rather than put them out of action for 10 seconds while they bandage. Increase the DPM or decrease the pellet spread at range.

This post has been edited by dynomite33: 08 February 2016 - 06:49 AM

IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#2 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:37 AM

The 4.1 spas was good, it just needed 8 shells to be balanced. The 4.2 one has too much knockback and the damage display is confusing, simply it.

#3 User is offline   Twofortheseven Icon

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:37 AM

The Spas-12 is probably one of my least favourite weapons. :mellow:

I just did some playing around with it and a headshot got me 6% damage. I wouldn't even say I was that far from the bot. I was actually relatively close. It's also extremely hard to aim with in my opinion...

I would have liked to say that my close ranged experience was better, but it simply wasn't.... You'd be extremely lucky to kill someone with one mag. That being said, I love the mechanism and the animations that come with the Spaz12.

On the other hand, I think that the Spaz-12 would be a great gun for finishing people off.

This post has been edited by Twofortheseven: 08 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:52 AM

i know a few people who are pretty damn good with a spas.
and the fact that you do a spas headshot for 6 dmg doesnt really matter. it fires a lot of shells. its basically one of the few weapons where going for headshots is actually the worse choice.

too be honest though, the knockback is pretty damn OP in 4.2.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#5 User is offline   dwn Icon

• Account: dwn

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

the spas don't need a buff , if he have a buff it will be the same shit than groin ^^
he can be really competitive you need just to know how use & when :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:39 PM

I agree with dwn, it has its place and can be pretty lethal in the right hands. It is definitely a close quarters combat weapon and a good alternative to a regular sidearm when outnumbered in a small space. It could probably use a little bump up in damage, but if you tag some one up close in the face with it, they do tend to die.
It is fun to go 1911 and gauge for those maps that have a lot of small spaces.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

#8 User is offline   dwn Icon

• Account: dwn

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

if you want really buff , increase the speed of shoot but a little bit and maybe add 1 or 2 ammo MAXIMUM but if you do this the weapon will be destrutive and just the nades can kill the spas user or long shoot but who take spas for this? :-)

This post has been edited by dwn: 12 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942