• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drop Medkit key Bind on Menu Rate Topic: -----

Flag and the medkit !

#1 User is offline   deltawhite Icon

• Account: deltawhite

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:52 PM

Those who dont use a cfg. file and only custom their crontrols only thru the menu would really appreciate having this one added like the "drop the flag keybind"(that was awesome)

Thanks in advance,

Delta White.

#2 User is offline   Gost0r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Programmer
  • Account: gost0r
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:38 AM

You can bind it without going into your config via console:

/bind x "ut_itemdrop flag"

/bind x "ut_itemdrop medkit"

As the menus are open source, you are able to alter menus on your own: https://github.com/F...ree/master/menu

#3 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

I'll see if I can add in the menu for 4.3 release.

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

I just checked, and yeah, one could just simply copy paste the flagdrop menu point twice, BUT: this would exceed the menu window size,
Thus you probably need to drop 2 items out of the misc menu.
I guess one could add a new tab 'menu shortcuts' and move the gear and teamselect keybinds there, along with some other shortcutkeys you can find. Have fun :p
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#5 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

I'd argue that dropping the medkit is the simplest mechanic in the game with one of the biggest impacts. All you have to do is look at ally and press <key> and the advantage you get by doing this is insane.

It be nice if you put a little description next to the flag and medkit bindings, just explaining it's usage and why a player should do it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

I think things like this are very important for new players, since it usualy takes some time before someone is invested enough to learn more about the game on the forums and such. Having things like this easy and acceable in the menu will improve the new player experience which UrT needs if it wants to have a big "relaunch" on steam one day. :cool:
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#8 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:16 PM

you could add a hover zone that shows one of those modern floating helps .... :P

#9 User is offline   deltawhite Icon

• Account: deltawhite

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:03 AM

View PostGost0r, on 10 February 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

You can bind it without going into your config via console:

/bind x "ut_itemdrop flag"

/bind x "ut_itemdrop medkit"

As the menus are open source, you are able to alter menus on your own: https://github.com/F...ree/master/menu

Thats great.... but im alergic to texting stuff... too geek for me :P

View PostBiddle, on 10 February 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

I'll see if I can add in the menu for 4.3 release.

You are Awesome, Sir

View PostZenity, on 12 February 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

On the other hand, it's really not obvious to a new player why they should drop the medkit to begin with. Dropping the flag is a much more obvious use case.

Anyway, worrying about the new player experience is arguably a bit of a moot point with 4.x. :) So anything that makes it easier for the average player to set up the required keys is a good thing. Ideally no scripts should be required unless a player has some funky personal preferences. Also the default settings should be something that you could conceivably take into a competitive game (unless it's impossible to do so while keeping the controls simple and intuitive, which would indicate design failure).

You bring any player out of the quake style world, and they will suffer like Pigs thats for sure....
I played some quake games and suffered already.... people yelling me to go faster or to not go at all xD

The Keyboard should be Fully Bindeable, like it is now.... but on the menu aswell..i mean... why not? lets bind weapons on different numbers like the big guys do, writing stuff on consoles and making awesome cfg.

I have an "only menu only config" and its the most complete u can get, it lacks zoom out, weapon binds, drop medkit, and a proper on and off item button response, I turn on and off Laser and Nightvision, but the "use item button" i set on the menu it takes 1 second between switching from one mode to the other.

I used to have a config a while a go:

- 1 a button to switch to 2 different mouse sensitivity and POV both Linked on the same Bind (for machinegun and sniper).
- 2 Buttons to change preset gear (Assault and Sniper)

The rest was the usual stuff maybe missing some essentials but its ok, is that too Funky? or Funky at All?

Without config i miss some stuff but its ok...

i see pro players with .cfg can go more deep, like droping nades, to avoid the throwing delay when u get busted before it gets Airborn, is that even legal? Like the classic Sr8 Drop... i dont like that "droping on emergency" thing...

So adding a Drop Nade bind on the menu is great too...

Do you want to know how i droped the flag without the new menu bind and without .cfg ? , i selected next Item. then drop item, then I selected back my kevlar item , so its ready to be droped by the item drop mrnu bind again

How I turn off laser and knitvision? same way, but i cant go back to my kevlar so i cant dropit any more..must have the item selected all the time.

HOW PAINFUL IS THAT? :D

Please Add Drop Nade, Drop Kevlar and any independent bind u can see used in .cfgs, Dont Hate me D:

I represent all these new CoD era people... and i Never played CoD...even Quake Live has a great menu config..
Im just a Lazy old school player

Thanks in Advance.

This post has been edited by deltawhite: 10 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

#10 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:31 AM

i guess one could do a new "items" tab in the keybinds menu...

and i guess i could do that..... :)

@Biddle: let me know how far you have gone into this, so i dont start doing stuff u already finished :P

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942