• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Grappling Hook

#31 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:25 PM

While I can see, that such a grapplinghook could be fun on a pub-server for a while, I can't see how it does not break and completely remove the need for the rest of the movement system. Of course you could always just turn it off, especially for a competetive setting, but I see so much more potential here for a new addition to the movement system, which works with and doesn't overshadow the rest.

KroniK so very well put forth all the arguments I tried to make throughout my 5 or more posts for a 'whip'-like approach on the tether. I really think that proposal is the better direction to go, as it both has a higher skill-ceiling, opens new ways of movement without making old obsolete and it also allows for more visually impressive moves (thinking from the shoutcaster's perspective here of course).

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 12 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942