• You cannot reply to this topic

Replacement Weapon Sounds

#12 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

Hey Kronik,

I'm all for these changes of course, the first attempt was to replace even older placeholders. I don't like your version of the magnum though, which indeed sounds like a cannon. I know we're not trying to match reality but the real magnum's sound is really the opposite and the current still fits better a handgun in my opinion, but not Urt's sounddesign that's true.

Also I know(guess) nobody sets Urt's volume to the maximum but I did for these changes. It gets totally saturated in some cases while older sounds despite having more bass are still played without problem. 22khz maybe ? I didn't put much more time into testing different parameters.

Game's volume is a parameter to take into account, also the overlaping when spamming is really important to consider. That's the main problem with current magnum. Here and there I tried all of them with more bass and depth but it never worked. So if you can do it then yeh sure I'll be glad. I could give you the first P90's version too since P90 sounds kind of like that already, without bass. But your P90 is already fine & better imo.
I "like" what I did with the 1911, but it seriously lacks of something, especially when spammed it becomes pretty dumb/boring.
Benelli is the only one I'm really satisfied with, as for silencers sounds but yet again it can be discussed.

PM me your email adress and I'll send you these sounds to you if you want. Thanks Kronik !

And "yes" of course for the new glock's sound. Oh yes. I haven't even thought about replacing that one.

#13 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:30 AM

I did notice that there was a lot of high end in your sounds that tended to overlap. I tried to throw on an Equalizer that cut out some of that super high frequency but only after the "pop" of the round firing.

I adjusted the 44 magnum to pull out some of the bass and get rid of a bit of that cannon sound. I think it sounds a lot better now.

44magnum_out
44magnum

This post has been edited by KroniK: 15 May 2016 - 03:06 AM

#14 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:47 AM

Great work KroniK :)

#15 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

In case anyone wants to test them out, I have finished up the sounds for the:

Glock
Glock Silenced
frf1
P90
Magnum44

You can check the new sounds out by downloading this pk3 file and placing it in the q3ut4 folder inside your 4.3 beta game folder.

https://drive.google...bWZFeWNZX0F2MlE

A good way to test is to vote one of the TDM servers to FFA where you can fire weapons with no other players on the server :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942