• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Replacement Weapon Sounds

#1 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

Hey everyone,

All of the new weapon sounds are pretty terrible in my opinion and do not fit with the rest of the older weapon sounds. So I decided to do something about it, starting with the glock.

The glock sounds like someone hitting the snare drum key on a 90's keyboard they found in a thrift store. So, I decided to take the free firearm library, and audacity and some other mixing tools and came up with this:

FS is free to use this if they wish. I am hoping to replace every single one of the new gunshot sounds for each of the new weapons because there is not a single one that I like. Mostly because there is zero bass to the shot. You cant feel it, it just sounds like snare drum or whip cracking noise.

Anyway, let me know what you think of this first one.

This post has been edited by KroniK: 12 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

#2 User is offline   dynomite33 Icon

• Account: dynomite33
  • Main tag: [SQD]

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:00 AM

Careful, Bladekiller might get butthurt that you're modifying their 16 year old game :P
IGN : Ernst

Wo ist Schmidt?

#3 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:20 PM

I am happy to sign the FS paperwork to make this legit if they want. Anything to get rid of that glock sound...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:59 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 12 May 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

What are the copyright concerns as to the conveyance of fair use is of more concern than does it sound better.

I am very very aware of the issue of licensing. As a photographer, I am very careful about how I allow people to use my photos and am very careful when using others work in my own projects.

I used recordings that are clearly listed as being under the "Creative Commons" Licence from the original creators. I'll try to find the actual licence documents if there are any. They were not included in the download provided by the creators of the recordings.

I got the recordings from here: http://www.stillnort...nd-library.html

This post has been edited by KroniK: 12 May 2016 - 11:08 PM

#8 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:56 AM

In addition to the Glock, I have also adjusted the FR-F1 and the P90. For both of these I used Nounou's existing sounds but did some additional mastering and EQ adjustment as well as adding in some hand made bass frequencies to give them a bit more of a "boom", although I kept the P90 a bit less boomy since it uses a pistol round and has a short barrel so it shouldn't have as much boom as other guns.

Check out the differences:

Also, lastly I adjusted the 44 Magnum. I took the original sound from Urban Terror and added in a couple other free to use sounds that had some more bass.

This post has been edited by KroniK: 13 May 2016 - 03:01 AM

#9 User is offline   OlympicSmoker Icon

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

gj with the p90 but a bit too much on the FR-F1 and the 44, sounds like shooting a canon on my kit

#10 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

gj on those sounds, kronik.

i hope we get to hear them in 4.3
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942