• You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror and popularity Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostFenix, on 28 July 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Just because convincing the team to perform the update took > 2years Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

link

I love all of your last years blurry shortcuts & trolls Fenix & sincerely hope you'll appreciate the above one too

BR,

the team

#82 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

View PostNounou, on 29 July 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

link

I love all of your last years blurry shortcuts & trolls Fenix & sincerely hope you'll appreciate the above one too

BR,

the team

I didn't mean to be trolling actually, sorry if that was the outcome of my comment.
You have to admit that contents are ready since years, sitting somewhere without being used. Everytime someone (talking about programmers mostly, and Majki) wanted to try to put those contents in-game the answer was the same: "They are for Urban Terror HD", even though we offered out help for updating those contents and put them into Urban Terror 4.2.

I'm not saying that such contents should be put in the game, actually I think the game is pretty fine how it is right now since I still enjoy playing it, I'm just saying that the possibility of having new contents (maps, artwork in general) in-game was there, but FS "directors" (don't know what's the english used to call the people who take the final decisions) didn't approve, for the reason I state above. In short, this was less work for me and other programmers. Every programmer who worked on Urban Terror can tell you how boring is adding a new weapon in the game, refactoring the HUD, with respect to adding new game modes (which include planning new game modes) and perform more challenging stuff. Posted Image

#83 User is offline   Fixer Icon

• Account: fixer

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

It is somewhat sad to see less players on servers, I've played Urt a loooot since 2007 up to 4.2 release or so (Wurst, SexyScore, Nitro, Gore, etc), past 4.2 I join occasionally (for different reasons, not really because of 4.2).

I still love this game, I enjoyed it a lot all of those years, I disagree on some decisions like removing of those textures to reduce distrib size.

Lets face it, Urban Terror is decades old game, in a decade we've seen lots of new awesome games that also taken up our time from UrT, some players found other interests, gaming and hardware industry changed before our eyes, etc. I hope that hardcore gamers will still remain in here.

UrbanTerror probably needs to go fully opensource, with more official maps, more publicity.

This post has been edited by Fixer: 06 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

#84 User is offline   Luckycro Icon

• Account: luckycro

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

I agree that game should be fully functional so that every user, and server owner can decide where he will be, but.....

Consider this, please. Instead to make updater inside of files in instalation folders, make installer right in the inventory of game. That would be much better.

Also involve non violent button that will remove blod, and hard effects for kids automatically (just one button switch on and off), if possible, do not know.

Make must to update game for all people, so that game does not loose players on several fronts. I know you dont want to force people to change version (installation duration), but its even worse because most people right now dont know how to install new game or why they dont see servers or people anymore in old versions. So when you compare loosing players in older versions, or make force to update for all. I think force to update is less problematic idea. But, well that is just me. Do not know. Or at least put button to install new version (overinstall) inside of game?

I am not coder so do not know how things go. But Urt is for sure unique game. Some say who will code old engine game. Old or not, its unique, impressive, fast, and we love it. So yes, its worth, every single modification. I love it same way as first time I tried it. I am sure people will come back with little more unique solutions.

#85 User is offline   l3mming Icon

• Account: l3mming

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:35 AM

I've played this game for more hours than I care to count since version 1.something through the haydays of 2.3 up to 3.whatever it was. Coming back occasionaly for a few rounds and realizing how much fun of a game this still is. It does however look very dated and don't get me wrong, while the new community maps are in some cases a joy to play, they tend to look a lot less polished than the original abbey map for instance. It can't hold a candle to for instance battlefield 4 which in its own merrit also has decent gunplay. But comparing it with a triple A title is not fair at all and graphics are only part of the immersive experience I seek from games.

I've tried PUBG (Player unknown's battleground for those living under a rock) and while the game is sort of appealing, every time I get into a gunfight or try to jump over a fence, I have to remind myself that "this does not move like urban terror". Same in battlefield 4 where jumping over a little wall requires you to be not quite against it or it won't work. Same goes for CS:GO, tried it, but hate it. Put crosshair on enemy head, fire a few round, get shot in the head by said enemy who you completely seem to have missed for some reason. UrT wins again, if you catch somebody standing still, they die as you expect, helmet or not (except if they are .pt perhaps). I just can't get my head around to why these clunky moving games like cs or pubg have so many players. Do people really prefer a slow playing game ?

Social aspects like built in features have also been mentioned, but back in the day, you could just go in irc to see if players were up. I have to say though, having a website like battlelog in bf4 which keeps all your stats and easy way to join friends in a battle is something this game could really use, even for the comfort of just going to the page and checking if any of your friends are playing. The awesome gameplay that urban terror provides merrits way more attention than it's currently receiving and I hope that beefing up the graphics and putting it on steam will result in more popularity. Sorry for my rant, but I just get reminded how much fun this game really is whenever I play it again.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   Reea Icon

• Account: reea
  • Main tag: BST|

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

@l3mming you said everything I think too. No better words. Basic after I play URT game experience isnt the same. If it's not URT it isn't a game. So much fun so much rush....come on boys(FS) think fast act quickly I need URT HD, we all do.

#87 User is offline   lainee Icon

• Account: lainee
  • Main tag: <|MTC|>

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

@l3mming @Reea, everything is true. I think Urt popularity is kinda low now, I believe URT HD would bring back lot of players, who heard about since so much time from now. I'm so sad to see so few full servers.

#88 User is offline   Sharkbait74 Icon

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Urban Terror has become a complete joke...

Why does one play a game? To win right. So you try your hardest cap flags and get best score only to get reassigned to the loosing team when teams are "balanced" lol. What a load of shit. Which f.... retard thought of that?

And the servers with bots all the bots do is camp the flag... Another f... up.

The whole game has become a total joke.

#89 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostSharkbait74, on 21 January 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

So you try your hardest cap flags and get best score only to get reassigned to the loosing team when teams are "balanced" lol. What a load of shit. Which f.... retard thought of that?

And the servers with bots all the bots do is camp the flag... Another f... up.

Neither of these things are in FS's scope of, lets call it responsibility. You getting reasigned to another team is probably the result of B3's autobalancing feature, which was setup by a server admin in that way. The same goes for the bots. While yes, they tend do just camp the flag in CTF, noone is forced to use them. Additionally, some people actually like them defending the flag, because it means players can focus on attacking.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#90 User is offline   Totalnoob Icon

• Account: totalnoob

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

For me, it's largely the cheaters that have destroyed the game, the ones that are good players, but also use hacks to bridge that last little bit to be a top player. They are pretty easy to spot, but seldom get banned because they are good enough without the hacks to create doubt, and know how to explain away the telltales of a hack and lets face it, most admins won't ban long time players unless it's 100% proof, which it never will be when a good player uses hacks.

With the reduced number of servers it's gotten much worse.

The only time it's fun anymore is when there is a new version out that breaks the hack, but that only lasts a week at most.

So I play a little, but usually end up not playing long because there is no fun in playing against the guy who always knows you are there and who can aim close, then right click and let the bot finish the aim for them.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942