Urban Terror Forums: UrT-Res Audio - Questions and Requests - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT-Res Audio - Questions and Requests

Discussion of the audio for UrTHD

#2 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

radio commands :).

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:17 PM

definitely not less lines. Basically one doesnt have to use them. (maybe the menu could be slightly refined, but that's a different story)

Different versions of the same lines (text wise) are a good idea, even though i personally would like to be able to control which one i get if i do a custom bind. thats a non audio thingy again.

Going one from the already said, i suppose a must have is directional audio. I'm pretty sure noone would really suggest removing/not adding that, but let me throw in another thought here. The current UrT has those fancy features where you can sometimes (with the right settings) hear enemies across quite some distance. Also, in 4.X you can hear enemies at the same volume, regardless of the number of obstacles in the way. Personally, thats something i would NOT change, it adds to the tactical gameplay quite a bit.

Also things like different sounds based on the dmg a nade does are an important thing imo.

Actually, while wiriting this, i figured that i would be totaly fine with the 4.X system carrying over 1:1. (maybe some of the sounds need some love, but thats "detail").

Oh. also: Hi :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:32 PM

personally im not a big fan of radial menus. Possibly because im not used to extensive use of those. two more things to consider: there is a shittof of voice commands in urt. a single menu of that kind would either need a lot of crowded submenus, or an additional 4.x style menu.

Also, i didnt mean to carry over the 4.x sound system. just its conceptional features (sound through walls, stepsounds depending on the surfaces,...)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#7 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:58 AM

i use urt radio heavily. got the commands bind to keys (f1-f10 and additional keys). currently i am using 14 commands.
i would not reduce the lines on the contrary add everything you can think of.
the one key element is customizing controls.
people need to be able to bind radio commands in the menus.
right now in 4.2 it's a pain in the ass. i think the main reason are not relying on urt radio is the horrible customization:
1. you need to know about the possibility to bind the radio
2. you need to know you can edit q3conifg.cfg
3. you need to find the urt radio list and the command codes (1 1, 1 2, etc.)
4. you need alter q3config
5. changes take forever

customiziable presets would be nice, so you can create a layout for bomb and and another for ctf, etc.

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 05 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#9 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostZenity, on 05 July 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

Setting overrides for gamemodes is a good idea I think. That's definitely "icing on the cake" level of priority, but would be cool to have for sure.

This would be great. I already have a system like this set up where I can set what game mode I am playing, and all of my radio binds change depending on what game mode I have set.

One thing that I would like to see implemented is a CVAR that would restart the audio system for the game. I have played plenty of games that end up with sound glitches or you end up hearing one of the map sounds wherever you go or your gun stops having sound when firing or whatever. There are plenty of random audio glitches that can happen after a while of running any game, and having a command you can run that will restart the audio engine is something that I have seen in a few games, and it really helps when you are in the heat of battle and don't want to restart the game to fix an audio glitch.

As far as other audio goes I think the main thing is that I would like to see a voice chat system. I know this would be a pretty huge project but voice chat is pretty much essential in any FPS these days. Obviously I'd like a mute feature on the scoreboard so I can mute players, as well as a volume slider in the menus to set the volume of the chat relative to the game. I think it would also be nice to have the ability to turn off all voice chat if you don't want it or want to have everyone muted by default.

This post has been edited by KroniK: 05 July 2016 - 05:50 PM

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942