• You cannot reply to this topic

jumping Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

View Poste4c9cdc1, on 21 August 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

How long ago you've been on UT game servers? Stupid bots is a permanent members of the community.

Sure there are bots. But i for my part can tell you that i dont have any trouble finding servers with real players and no bots on them. Even with "proper" gamemodes and maps.

View Poste4c9cdc1, on 21 August 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

Who takes UT seriously, except permanent members?

hm?

View Poste4c9cdc1, on 21 August 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

The biggest reason for the low popularity. My opinion is consistent with the fact: DrunkNoobs is the most popular server (thanks to non-crazy dynamic).

Please tell me how DN eagle (im just assuming you dont mean their TS server) is more popular than other servers. Also explain me how this "non-crazy dynamic" is related to it. Because im pretty sure i did a lot of walljumps on eagle and on DN eagle particularly.

View Poste4c9cdc1, on 21 August 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

Free CS on Linux? I got one - does not work.

Which totally implies that it can not work.

View Poste4c9cdc1, on 21 August 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

[..]if UT aims to be modern game (like CS:GO), then should to be modern in everything: design, mechanics.

So copy pasting CS mechanics will solve all our problems and get us to be a first row E-sport title which fills big stadiums? If only i knew...
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#12 User is offline   e4c9cdc1 Icon

• Account: e4c9cdc1

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:22 PM

View PostMr.Yeah, on 21 August 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

You sure seem to know a lot about this...

above own head?
█▓▒░Fiction over reality.░▒▓█

#13 User is offline   e4c9cdc1 Icon

• Account: e4c9cdc1

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostIye, on 21 August 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Please tell me how DN eagle (im just assuming you dont mean their TS server) is more popular than other servers. Also explain me how this "non-crazy dynamic" is related to it. Because im pretty sure i did a lot of walljumps on eagle and on DN eagle particularly.

There is always more peoples than on other servers.
█▓▒░Fiction over reality.░▒▓█

#14 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:11 AM

DN's server allows URT's physics. Also, everybody plays or has played CS, so I'm wondering who you're even trying to troll, except your own self

But plz continue, we're not against the idea of having forums being active

#15 User is offline   JonnyUK Icon

• Account: jonnyuk
  • Main tag: <DN>

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostIye, on 21 August 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

My server is actually 3rd most popular in the game atm :)
https://www.gametrac...6.158.173:27960

I also don't understand what he means by "non-crazy dynamic" if anyone wants to shed some light? :P
<DN>JonnyUK
DrunkNoobs Clan Founder & Co-Leader
Email: jonnyuk13@gmail.com

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:14 PM

Eagle is huge compared to other maps, and the design doesn't promote the UrT movement as well as other and the competetive maps, meaning that Eagle plays much slower where the inability to take advantage of the movement system is not as bad as on other maps.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 23 September 2016 - 12:28 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#17 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:01 AM

in general this might be true, but locally you will find plenty of opportunities where you can easily outplay out opponents.
granted though that due to the more "static" fronts and general gameplay it is more appealing to "noobs" and "non-fancy" play. (i like playing eagle... :P)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#18 User is offline   JonnyUK Icon

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostIkslorin, on 22 September 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

Eagle is huge compared to other maps, and the design doesn't promote the UrT movement as well as other and the competetive maps, meaning that Eagle plays much slower where the disability to take advantage of the movement system is not as bad as on other maps.

I disagree, some of the more experienced players (including myself) can jump across the eagle map in seconds if you know what you're doing :P
<DN>JonnyUK

#19 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

I don't deny that there's possibility to take advantage of the environment or make the stereotypical jumps for this game, and like Iye says, the statement is only from a more general perspective. But, if so, then there should be (even if only slight) fewer engagements with fast moving players on average.

Secondly, usually the more experienced players don't play Eagle? I remember I played on Eagle in the first few weeks all those years ago, but I began to shift over to the smaller and "competetive" maps. Assuming, that others do that too, this also creates an eco-system, in which the newer players can play without the big boys.

Also, purely hypothetically speaking (i.e. I have no experience on talking about this, meaning that the axiom is purely hypothetical) the map's layout and the fact, that a newer player moves so much slower, might actually place newbies in areas, in which they don't have to deal with fast-moving players? Does the map indirectly make the big boys flying through the air play disjunct of the newbies on the ground?

You asked for an explanation for his "non-crazy dynamics" statement, so I just try to put forth some attempts of an hypothetical explanations... It doesn't mean, that I agree, but only what I could imagine that e4c9cdc1 meant. Also, e4c9cdc1 hasn't written anything of value, so we might just be reading too much into his words - maybe he just made that statement without actually any thought or any kind of reasoning at all, be that both well reasoned or not.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 23 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#20 User is offline   JonnyUK Icon

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:02 PM

I'm not saying that the map is suited for the "big boys" however for them Eagle is just a map to come and have fun or practice their aim before a match, I think you'd be surprised at the amount of "big boys" that actually regularly play in Eagle, it's quiet common I'll see some div 1's playing under an alias in my server, usually just to practice their aim on noobs before a match.
<DN>JonnyUK

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942